Very Important Four Roses Issue

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have never purchased a Four Roses Private Selection with a leather neck band.  Are those the ones in the box? :ph34r:

I much prefer Barbie over Mila Kunis as a bourbon spokesperson.  She is much more creditable since you know she isn't getting paid.

Sorry, I'd prefer the "real" Mila to the "plastic" Barbi any day.

Now as to the Jim Beam vs anything else... that's another story..smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading through this thread, and being amazed at the posts contained herein; I can't help but exclaim to myself; "Youse Guys Just Kill Me!"    So I typed it in for all to see.   I have no idea why.

It seems that all of us are only buying the bottles for . . . well, the bottle.  So, what I propose is that we fill all the different bottles with underaged, underproofed, weak bourbon.  That way we would have more money to spend on the important thing, the bottle, decked out in leather, cotton, paper, chains or whatever floats your boat.

22 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

It seems that all of us are only buying the bottles for . . . well, the bottle.  So, what I propose is that we fill all the different bottles with underaged, underproofed, weak bourbon.  That way we would have more money to spend on the important thing, the bottle, decked out in leather, cotton, paper, chains or whatever floats your boat.

Who will be the first distiller to allow you to custom bling out your bottle, they will get my money.

I'm thinking about starting a business where I bedazzle bourbon bottles, something like this.

Combining two of my favorite activities: crafting and drinking. TSM.

3 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I'm thinking about starting a business where I bedazzle bourbon bottles, something like this.

I'll invest, this is what the world needs.

I have consumed far too much SAOS Contradiction to make sense of this tonight.  I sure hope I remember about this thread tomorrow.  I bet it is really interesting.  I got hooked by the leather thong thing.

Goodnight, you all.

42 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Make me one in "Cask Strength" please...

I have consumed far too much SAOS Contradiction to make sense of this tonight.  I sure hope I remember about this thread tomorrow.  I bet it is really interesting.  I got hooked by the leather thong thing.

Goodnight, you all.

Ok, Harry likes leather thongs when he's sauced...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, b1gcountry said:

That is entirely too much information. :blink:

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

Make me one in "Cask Strength" please...

Something like this?

Slide1_zpsgd9n5n3m.jpg

I used the multicolored crystals because it plays up the color of the wax seal, NOT the brown liquid inside the bottle.

It actually reminds me vaguely of the ceiling between their tasting room and gift shop

Edited by kevinbrink

When we were at 4 Roses in Jan they stated the leather neck tag was the new packaging and that when they ran out of the old stuff they would use the leather.

54 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Something like this?

Slide1_zpsgd9n5n3m.jpg

I used the multicolored crystals because it plays up the color of the wax seal, NOT the brown liquid inside the bottle.

Perfect !!!

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

That is entirely too much information. :blink:

2 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

I think the leather thong came on gift shop bottles of "Elliott's Select"....

On 3/24/2017 at 2:46 PM, kevinbrink said:

Honestly much in the spirit of Blanton's, which honestly I only buy to collect the horses, what if every four roses bottle had a different variety of rose stamped on the either the beautiful leather band or at the very least the bottle stopper. According the my research which was a very thorough process that involved typing the words "how many types of roses are there" into the Google, there are around 150 varieties of Roses.  Now that may seem like a lot but perhaps they could spread these out like do 12-15 per year, I can't wait to hear people argue about which bottling they never opened was better High Society or Iguana (real rose names thanks google).

Clearly you can't read the bottle. There are only four roses. Everybody knows that things written on the internet is a made up conspiracy.

At least you uncovered that someone here still plays with their barbie collection. Grow up man! We stopped playing with our barbies months ago..geez.

There is a flat bottom administrator reading this thread and laughing their a**es off and telling everyone at the watercooler about this. That reminds me of a song "flat bottom girls make the rockin world go round..."

4 minutes ago, ModestGlutton said:

There is a flat bottom administrator reading this thread and laughing their a**es off 

Not me. I got no ass.... :lol:

Cheers! Joe

16 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not me. I got no ass.... :lol:

Cheers! Joe

Kind of like Ken.  Now Barbie . . . . what an ass!

Image result for barbie riding on a donkey   I know it's a giraffe, but I couldn't find one of her on a donkey. 

9 hours ago, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

:blink:

glad I have boys

One each, although she's now 28, married and now expecting our first grandchild (:( I'm too young to be a grandfather), and he's 25 and an engineer (who enjoys trying different bourbons with me).

Just picked up Private Selection this past Saturday.  Had the SB on right for a few months.  Haven't noticed the initials on the tags until looking at them after reading this post.  I'm kinda like most, I like the gold foil better.  But doesn't matter as long as there's some good juice inside.

IMG_1485.JPG.jpg

IMG_1486.JPG.jpg

IMG_1494.JPG.jpg

This is horrible news.  I liked being able to distinguish, at a glance from across the room, the undrinkable swill in the leather necked bottle from the high proof nectar in the gold labeled Private Selection bottles.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, t-ball said:

Just picked up Private Selection this past Saturday.  Had the SB on right for a few months.  Haven't noticed the initials on the tags until looking at them after reading this post.  I'm kinda like most, I like the gold foil better.  But doesn't matter as long as there's some good juice inside.

<smokinjoefont>If they start putting juice in Four Roses private selection bottles then, leather neck bands or not, I am going to stop buying it!</smokinjoefont>

:ph34r:

Who cares about the juice/bourbon in the bottles, just look at those sexy leather bands around the neck.  That's what I'm talking about.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.