Distinct Favorite Bourbons

Dbyrd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Of bourbons that you enjoy on a regular basis what are two bourbons that are completely different to you, but equally enjoyable. Not looking for your least favorite bourbon and favorite bourbon. Also not a Rye whisky and rye bourbon example. And lets say not a Wheated bourbon and a Rye bourbon.

Just a Wheated to Wheated bourbon or a Rye bourbon to Rye bourbon example. The only catch being you enjoy both of them on a regular basis, and would immediately know the difference in the two in a blind tasting because of their distinct differences.

Cheers!

D

This one is pretty easy to me.  I have two store selections of KC Single Barrel that are both great pours and then my other go to is WSR.  Two totally different taste profiles but I really enjoy them both.

Two that stand out to me with particular house styles are Woodford Reserve with its coppery/cantaloupe rind note , and Dickel with its vitamins.  

I'll go with Heaven Hill 6-year BIB and Old Forester Signature. 

Could've been several other choices as well; maybe Wild Turkey 101 with Knob Creek, or Four Roses Single Barrel (standard) with JW Dant BIB, or even Buffalo Trace with Elijah Craig (for a couple of 90's). 

I like all 8 of these pretty much equally; but each of the pairs is notably different (within the stated pair), at least to my taste buddies.

Actually, I'll do trios.

First are "The Three Wise Men": Russell's Reserve, Elijah Craig NAS, Four Roses Single Barrel.

Second are "The Three Bail Bondsmen": Heaven Hill BIB, Very Old Barton BIB, and Old Fitzgerald BIB.

I know that Old Fitzgerald BIB is a Wheater, but it is also BIB.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4RSB doesn't fit into your 3 wise men theme... you need Evan Williams, John bowman, EH Taylor, etc :)

My bond brothers are JW Dant, and his Old Grand-Dad

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

4RSB doesn't fit into your 3 wise men theme... you need Evan Williams, John bowman, EH Taylor, etc [emoji4]

My bond brothers are JW Dant, and his Old Grand-Dad

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I am aware that having Four Roses is incongruent with two bottles named after men. I have no idea why I named them The Three Wisemen, but I kept drinking them as a trio in different orders and one night after I probably had fairly stiff pours, I decided that the trio was "The Three Wisemen." Another member on SB suggested that I may have named them so because wise men don't have to spend too much money on a bottle of bourbon. That is probably why I often grouped them together because I can get them all for around the same price in town. I guess I could attempt to stretch that Four Roses could be for men, if I said the four roses were for members of Guns N Roses. Although that analogy breaks down because Guns N Roses has five members (although I guess I could exclude Slash since he is so obviously a Jack Daniels whore) and then it would have to be "the Six Wisemen." Oh well, I have spent more time on this than is likely allowed by law. [emoji61]

3 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I am aware that having Four Roses is incongruent with two bottles named after men. I have no idea why I named them The Three Wisemen, but I kept drinking them as a trio in different orders and one night after I probably had fairly stiff pours, I decided that the trio was "The Three Wisemen." Another member on SB suggested that I may have named them so because wise men don't have to spend too much money on a bottle of bourbon. That is probably why I often grouped them together because I can get them all for around the same price in town. I guess I could attempt to stretch that Four Roses could be for men, if I said the four roses were for members of Guns N Roses. Although that analogy breaks down because Guns N Roses has five members (although I guess I could exclude Slash since he is so obviously a Jack Daniels whore) and then it would have to be "the Six Wisemen." Oh well, I have spent more time on this than is likely allowed by law. emoji61.png

I don't think I have ever heard anyone before refer to Axl Rose as a wise man. Dumba$$ and idiot, yes but never wise man. 

I don't think I have ever heard anyone before refer to Axl Rose as a wise man. Dumba$$ and idiot, yes but never wise man. 

I've met Axl Rose. He is eccentric. I would not characterize him as an idiot. He will be watching UK vs. North Carolina tonight. He loves NCAA tournament.

Eccentric.....that is a much better word choice than my picks. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.