Louisville

lilsweetpea
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We are considering stopping in Louisville on our way in to Bardstown this year.  We've never been, so what is a must see if we are there for the afternoon/evening?  So far I'm thinking Bulleit and Evan Williams.  What recommendations do you have?

I can recommend Evan Williams absolutely as it's one of my favorites due to the technology and history.  Bulleit didn't seem all that much for a tour more the GS and some historical info but it's been a couple of years.  Angels Envy just opened on Distillers Row near EW so you might add that to your list

Definitely do the EW Experience.  We really enjoyed it.  Haven't been to Angel's Envy yet.  If you're there for breakfast and you want to keep it bourbon themed stop by Dish on Market for the Presidential Breakfast*:

One egg, toast, fruit, bacon, milk, shot of old grand dad 9

*President Harry Truman awoke at 5am every morning, took a two mile walk around the white house, had a rubdown, shot of bourbon and a light breakfast. enjoy the presi- dential breakfast here at dish on market...rub down not included.

DO yourself a favor and go online and book a tour at Angels Envy. You will be in the same area as the EW Experience and as well you might get lucky. Kentucky Peerless is a smaller Craft company that is close to it's first bottling of certain distillations. I was too busy babysitting for the birth of another Grandchild to go and tour, but have plans on going back for sure.

Copper & Kings is awesome, I can't recommend a place more highly. Not bourbon but hard to believe a bourbon drinker wouldn't love Butchertown.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.