Old Forester 1920 or Stagg Jr?

JPK
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 4/28/2017 at 10:16 AM, JPK said:

I read somewhere that someone confirmed the Whiskey row series is here to stay.

(I know someone/somewhere...I don't give a lot of credit to it..so I don't expect you to either..lol)

I have had that thought too about the 1920 might not be around long.

Well you should probably give some credit to it since Chris Morris himself confirmed it was staying. 

I have both, but have only to try the Stagg Jr. Stagg Jr. is nice, but not for that price, it being a little hot, maybe some age will help. My last bottle (which is open) has I believe over a year on it, we'll see. The way I feel now is, I would take the OF 1920, even without tasting it.:)

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

I have both, but have only to try the Stagg Jr. Stagg Jr. is nice, but not for that price, it being a little hot, maybe some age will help. My last bottle (which is open) has I believe over a year on it, we'll see. The way I feel now is, I would take the OF 1920, even without tasting it.:)

Which batch of stagg jr. do you have open?

2 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

Which batch of stagg jr. do you have open?

Batch 3, 132.1 proof.

20 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Batch 3, 132.1 proof.

Gotcha. I was thinking you might have had batch 1 or 2 by your description. I like 3, though not as much as 4 (my favorite) or 6. 3 is definitely very similar to the later batches and representative of the label. 

4 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

Gotcha. I was thinking you might have had batch 1 or 2 by your description. I like 3, though not as much as 4 (my favorite) or 6. 3 is definitely very similar to the later batches and representative of the label. 

It's not that hot, but for the money I can find something more worthwhile.:)

On April 29, 2017 at 6:31 PM, JPK said:

I took all your advice in thought.

I ordered a bottle of ECBP...but put a heavy PLEASE stamp on getting a bottle of SJR or OF 1920 for father's day....lol

We'll see what happens..:D

Given your love for EC12, I think you will really like ECBP. As other posters have said, it's still at least 12 years old and is like EC12 on steroids. Stagg Jr is usually substantially cheaper than ECBP, and in my area it is also usually a bit cheaper than OF1920. So, from a value standpoint, Stagg Jr is hard to beat...KCSiB may be a better value, but also a different taste profile. Let us know what you think of ECBP...it's definitely one of my favorites along with the EC12 bottles that I have squirreled away. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.