Help finding Bourbon sponsor

ENYAW
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey guys I need a little help.  A good friend of mine is pretty high up with USA mens track and field.  He contacted me asking if I had any contacts high up at a bourbon distillery that might be interested in having their distillery become an official bourbon sponsor of the Track Town Summer Series.  The series is getting national coverage by ESPN.  I think it would be a good marketing opportunity for any distillery, but I do not have any contacts.  That is why I am asking the people who know more about bourbon than I do.  Any ideas?

USA Track and Field should have a whole marketing department (I certainly know USA Swimming does!).  Have your friend contact his NGB (National Governing Body) for some help.  But I'm not sure if USAT&F allows alcohol as a sponsor of events - USA-S does not.  HTH.  :mellow:

He said they are branding their meets as a party that happens to have a track meet going on.  They already have a beer sponsor.  So it looks like they will allow alcohol sponsors at least for the Track Town Summer Series.

Probably looking for local sponsorship then.  National NGBs are kinda' skittish about liquor issues (i.e., USA-S says no alcohol advertising logos on caps, suits, etc.).  On the other hand, the Boston Marathon has Samuel Adams beer as a sponsor (lots of marathoners drink tons of beer).  In fact Sam Adams has a "26.2" brew only at marathon time in Boston . . . . . :huh:

I'd definitely looks to some smaller distillers, I don't have contacts, but contacting local/regional outfits will get you a higher up super quick because there's only a few employees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/7/2017 at 8:55 AM, jvd99 said:

I always go for a stiff cocktail after a run:o

I always go for a stiff shot before a run!!  Cheers!

On 5/7/2017 at 11:32 AM, GeeTen said:

Probably looking for local sponsorship then.  National NGBs are kinda' skittish about liquor issues (i.e., USA-S says no alcohol advertising logos on caps, suits, etc.).  On the other hand, the Boston Marathon has Samuel Adams beer as a sponsor (lots of marathoners drink tons of beer).  In fact Sam Adams has a "26.2" brew only at marathon time in Boston . . . . . :huh:

I guess after the Michael Phelps bong photos, the marijuana companies are persona non grata for sponsorships?!? (TIC) Ha!

2 hours ago, El Vino said:

I guess after the Michael Phelps bong photos, the marijuana companies are persona non grata for sponsorships?!? (TIC) Ha!

But not in Colorado (home of the Olympic Training Center!!!) . . . . . . :ph34r:

I would be willing to wear a sponsor's gear when I run, officiate, work in the yard, etc. if they provide me with bourbon.  

I can just imagine showing up to your favorite bar in a Jim beam jersey. ..

"Ooh, he's a professional, look he's sponsored! "

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Let's please get back to the topic at hand here folks. I've met Wayne a few times, and I know he's sincere in what he's asking for. There's absolutely no need for jokes and such. He's asking an honest question. If you don't have an honest answer or suggestion, let it go. If you can help fine, if not, don't be a f**cking dickhead. Nuff' Ced! 

FWIW, yes, I am a moderator. I don't normally flaunt this, but in certain situations, I will act in a not so kind way. Being forewarned is being forearmed. Just sayin' if ya get my drift.

Cheers! Joe

Let's please get back to the topic at hand here folks. I've met Wayne a few times, and I know he's sincere in what he's asking for. There's absolutely no need for jokes and such. He's asking an honest question. If you don't have an honest answer or suggestion, let it go. If you can help fine, if not, don't be a f**cking dickhead. Nuff' Ced! 

FWIW, yes, I am a moderator. I don't normally flaunt this, but in certain situations, I will act in a not so kind way. Being forewarned is being forearmed. Just sayin' if ya get my drift.

Cheers! Joe

Sorry
After the bong comment, I figured it was officially "off topic"...

While I can not say that any of this has been helpful, it has been amusing.

Thanks guys

A few things to consider:

One this event is too small. Three events, one televised.

Is the audience predominantly over 21 years of age? Alcohol advertising, while self regulated, should be aimed at 'of age' audiences  (>71% of the audience ≥21 years)

Two of the events are held on college campuses, the regulations frown upon alcohol advertising on college campus.

Good luck, but don't expect much.

A friend of mine who does competitive BBQ went to the local Jack Daniels distributor and proposed JD sponsor him. Somehow it worked. They gave him a sign and pay his expenses and he developed recipes that use JD. Don't know if this helps but the local distributor keeps in touch with the companies they distribute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.