Bourbon and sweet tea?

bourbonchef1189
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A lot of my friends drink bourbon with tea. Not the top shelve stuff. Bourbons like EW. I tried it and I liked it, Anyone else?

A great combo on a warm Summer day.  Firefly out of South Carolina has a Sweet Tea Whiskey (not the sweet tea vodka which is another product) that last I knew used Buffalo Trace bourbon in it.  A bit sweet as is, but a touch more bourbon can adjust it to taste.  I'll drop some bourbon on a regular cold tea in the Summer, for sure.

Never had it, but it sounds delicious! May go out and grab some sweet tea for the day!

JD has a recipe using JD Honey and iced tea.  Wife bought a pack of 50 ml JD Honey bottles and followed the recipe and says it is good.  I have not tried it even though it'd be a good way to get the rest of those darn bottles out of my cabinet.

If Joe liked it well enough to comment, it MUST be OK.  Maybe this weekend when I go fishing.

I had a  couple of Dickels and sweet teas last night. It was delicious in this  Georgia weather.

• 4 weeks later...

Muddle some fresh, ripe peaches in the tea and add the bourbon.  Refreshing...

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2017 at 1:39 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

JD has a recipe using JD Honey and iced tea. 

Since we in DC are getting our little taste of Harvey today (cool and drizzly) this sounds like just the recipe I need to hunker down and prepare for the onslaught of looters hell bent on raiding my humble little bunker. JD with honey and tea with a shotgun and a Glock at the ready. Boo-yahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :D

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Since we in DC are getting our little taste of Harvey today (cool and drizzly) this sounds like just the recipe I need to hunker down and prepare for the onslaught of looters hell bent on raiding my humble little bunker. JD with honey and tea with a shotgun and a Glock at the ready. Boo-yahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :D

Indeed.  I'm supposed to be grilling a Baldacci's THICK porterhouse today.  If it stays only drizzly, JD and sweet tea will be nice.  If it rains, JD and sweet tea will be mandatory.  EDIT - And the JD will be barrel strength.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
which JD? you might ask

33 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Indeed.  I'm supposed to be grilling a Baldacci's THICK porterhouse today.  If it stays only drizzly, JD and sweet tea will be nice.  If it rains, JD and sweet tea will be mandatory.  EDIT - And the JD will be barrel strength.

Baldacci as in the author? And barrel strength might be just the ticket to get over the Nats little losing streak.

Edited by DCFan

4 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Baldacci as in the author? And barrel strength might be just the ticket to get over the Nats little losing streak.

LOL!  My mistake.  Balducci's as in the regional foodie market.  The one on Old Georgetown Road in Montgomery County MD has a good meat section, IMO.

Yeah, and I watched to the bitter end last night.

10 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

LOL!  My mistake.  Balducci's as in the regional foodie market.  The one on Old Georgetown Road in Montgomery County MD has a good meat section, IMO.

Yeah, and I watched to the bitter end last night.

LOL course it wouldn't surprise me if a high end author such as Baldacci (NoVa guy btw) put out his own line of steaks.

• 5 months later...
On 7/27/2017 at 10:48 PM, gurgalunas said:

I picked up a bottle of EW Peach Bourbon with your recipe in mind.  It wasn't very good. :blink: At least it was cheap and on sale.

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

I picked up a bottle of EW Peach Bourbon with your recipe in mind.  It wasn't very good. :blink: At least it was cheap and on sale.

I haven't tried many flavored whiskeys, but most I've had add a cough syrup note to the drinks.  Add less of the flavored and a bit of regular bourbon instead of mixing with the flavored only.  Might be able to get some use of that EW...  

On 7/27/2017 at 10:48 PM, gurgalunas said:

And a little mint if you like. Delicious

IMG_20170813_150053_02.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.