Has anyone else tried JD Sinatra Select?

mosugoji64
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had the opportunity over the weekend to try JDSS at a bar. It was a bit pricey, but the pours were generous and we took advantage of a late-night happy hour that got us two-for-one pricing. Knowing that I was unlikely to ever buy a bottle, I took advantage of the opportunity to give it a whirl. To my surprise, it tasted much more like Old Forester than any JD I've had. It had a good hit of the varnish flavor that I associate with OF and haven't noticed in JD. I had a sip of JDBP when I got home to confirm that I hadn't forgotten what JD tasted like and it's nothing like SS. Has anyone else tried this one and what are your thoughts?

My brother has a bottle at his house that I hit every time we visit.  It is superb.  Much less banana than No 7, with a very full flavor profile and finish.  Drinks more like the old dimple bottled Old Forester BIBs, than regular Daniel's, to me.  

On 8/7/2017 at 1:22 PM, smokinjoe said:

My brother has a bottle at his house that I hit every time we visit.  It is superb.  Much less banana than No 7, with a very full flavor profile and finish.  Drinks more like the old dimple bottled Old Forester BIBs, than regular Daniel's, to me.  

That's EXACTLY what I got, Joe! Thanks for confirming that I haven't gone completely insane at this point. Not completely, anyway!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.