Travelling from Birmingham to Atlanta

Insanityabounds
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey all, I will be taking a day trip to Atlanta for some buisness in a week or so. Was curious if any of yall had any tips on stores to hit inbetween B'ham and ATL or in ATL itself. I've been looking for some Rock Hill Farms, McKenna10 (we dont get it in AL, Stagg Jr, Elijah Craig Singel Barrel PS, RY10, Kavalan, Laphroig BP,  any extra aged Knob Creek Singel Barrel PS, ect ect. Yall get the pic. If you know of some dusties and would like to share I would appreciate that too, goes for Whisky as well. Cheers and happy Labor Day!

If it helps to be more precise I will be traveling from Birmingham to Atlanta on I20 and will be near Linberg in Atlanta. Happy Labor Day. Cheers!

Just missed out on the last few bottles of 2 different 13yo Knob Creek store selections at the store I frequent. Haven't done much liquor shopping on the west side of town in a long time so can't say much about what is over there these days.

Not far from the Lindbergh area is Tower liquor store on Piedmont. Not my usual store (for a variety of reasons) but they have a pretty large selection and are close to where you will be so you might find something of interest there. But like anywhere else the rare stuff is rare there as well. Henry McKenna might be a possibility and the scotch selection is decent. Capital City is not far away from Lindbergh and they do barrel selections on a regular basis although no idea what they have currently.

PM me if you want more info about the store I frequent. No dusties or rare bottles to be had but we have a few barrel picks at the moment including an excellent Four Roses OESK PS and a new Elijah Craig barrel pick. And a great Compass Box Great King Street special bottling that is the only one in the state if you like that sort of thing. A little farther away from the Lindbergh area but not that much!

4 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Just missed out on the last few bottles of 2 different 13yo Knob Creek store selections at the store I frequent. Haven't done much liquor shopping on the west side of town in a long time so can't say much about what is over there these days.

Not far from the Lindbergh area is Tower liquor store on Piedmont. Not my usual store (for a variety of reasons) but they have a pretty large selection and are close to where you will be so you might find something of interest there. But like anywhere else the rare stuff is rare there as well. Henry McKenna might be a possibility and the scotch selection is decent. Capital City is not far away from Lindbergh and they do barrel selections on a regular basis although no idea what they have currently.

PM me if you want more info about the store I frequent. No dusties or rare bottles to be had but we have a few barrel picks at the moment including an excellent Four Roses OESK PS and a new Elijah Craig barrel pick. And a great Compass Box Great King Street special bottling that is the only one in the state if you like that sort of thing. A little farther away from the Lindbergh area but not that much!

Thanks! Much appreciated! I will send you a PM before I head out next week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any other stores near or in Kennesaw Ga worth hitting beside the Total Wine and Liquor? Any places yall would reccomend? 

You will find McKenna 10 year most places. A good place in the perimeter area is Citi Wines, nice store, owner is a good dude...just ask at the counter if they have anything interesting. I have scored a few things there by asking. If you are coming in on 20, just start calling liquor stores from Carrolton to Douglasville...sometimes the more rural stores will have some good stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.