WSR white label

chappy6107
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

while out bourbon hunting today I came across some WSR in 750ml, 1 liter & 1.75 liter bottles.  The 750 & 1.75 sizes were in the new bottles with the green labels and aluminum caps.  The 1 liter was in a white label & plastic cap.  How old might these be and should I grab one or stick with the new bottlings?

not my pic but it is the same style

weller sr.jpg

If they have Louisville address on the label - very interesting. Ha-ha

Otherwise, it depends on if you like WSR and the price.  Probably it was made by BT in the early 2000s before it lost the 7 year age statement.

Go pick this up. I live in the heart of Weller traditional distribution, Texas. I haven't seen white paper label Weller in years. I don't even like modern day WSR, but I would grab any white label WSR. Frankfort, Louisville, age stated or not it's a buy.

the label didnt seem like it was a paper label though.  I will have to go back and take a picture.

and I do like WSR, but I keep hearing how much better the new bottlings are than the old.  

Edited by chappy6107

45 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

the label didnt seem like it was a paper label though.  I will have to go back and take a picture.

and I do like WSR, but I keep hearing how much better the new bottlings are than the old.  

THe squat bottle is the old old bottling.  Generally considered good value for a 90 proof pour.  Back in the day (15 years ago) is was about $13.99/750 mL.  Now about $22 per bottle.

So I went back today to get a bottle and the shelf had been restocked with all new labels and none of the white labels were there.  A store associate came around the corner and asked if I needed help.  I explained that yesterday there were 1ltr bottles with the white label but today there are only the green labels.  She told me that the vendors came in this morning to do a shelf reset and took everything out of the store that no longer was in the new schematic.  She said that if those were "older bottles" they probably took them and replaced them with the new labels so that everything matched.  pretty bummed that I probably missed out on something I cant get again.

I guess you could try and contact the vendor to see where they went.  

I wouldn't worry or go through too much trouble.  I consider WSR (even the paper label 7 year old) to be just average.  I think regular MM is better.  

15 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I wouldn't worry or go through too much trouble.  I consider WSR (even the paper label 7 year old) to be just average.  I think regular MM is better.  

I think I am good.  I have the new label at home and have spent enough time on it.  Maybe if it were a W12. lol

Even though I'm not a fan of the WSR, still prefer it over MM. Really don't care for MM. Did them blind and preferred the WSR significantly more.

11 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Even though I'm not a fan of the WSR, still prefer it over MM. Really don't care for MM. Did them blind and preferred the WSR significantly more.

Same MM tastes heavily of acetone to me.

Ooops. I forgot one that was hiding. :rolleyes:  Faux tax stamped, Louisville (SW?) Weller SR

Cheers Joe

weller1.jpeg

weller2.jpeg

46 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Ooops. I forgot one that was hiding. :rolleyes:  Faux tax stamped, Louisville (SW?) Weller SR

Cheers Joe

weller1.jpeg

weller2.jpeg

Now your just rubbing it in...... :P

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Cheers Joe

weller1.jpeg

weller2.jpeg

definitely did not have the age statement.  But I did not know to look for the Louisville/Frankfort location.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.