Trying this DIY blend

BourbonDude
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Trying a DIY blend of Linkwood 15 yr. Gordon & McPhail, The Arran 10 yr., Glenfarclas 105, Oban Little Bay Small Cask, and Lagavulin Distillers Edition.  In other words mostly Highland or Highland like fruit forward type malts with the Lag to provide a little peat and  Islay character. Worked out quite well, in fact it’s delicious. My several single malt friends liked it too. Only other possibilities I might have added are Clynelish, Longmorn, or Highland Park.

Edited by BourbonDude

Oh, I forgot to mention there was also the Tamdhu 10 yr. So a blend of six malts, three Highland, one west coast, one Island, and one Islay.

Nice work BourbonDude.  How large of a batch did you make?

Edited by meadeweber

Hmm, I do this with bourbon all the time, but actually never tried blending malts. Was there any design to that blend, or did you just dump random stuff together?

I hadn't done much of it, though sometimes when some of the Peat bombs aren't working for me I find that adding a splash of a Speyside or Highland sherry bomb really hits the spot, Ardbeg 10 and Deanston PX CS 10yr is a really nice blend.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.