What Beer Did You Purchase - Fall 2017

JoeTerp
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was looking for this thread and couldn't believe it didn't already exist.  Oh well.  I was excited as I was with the family this morning at Wegman's and found that they had the DKML which I was curious about.  So I picked it up along with our other groceries.  After we finished checking out and where going to leave I noticed the guy at Customer service had a cart that he was putting some more beer behind the shelves.  They were just stocking a case of BCBS, so I picked up a bottle and they literally had a single four pack of the KBS.  I have no idea why the BCBS was sitting around at this point in the year.

b001.jpg

• I like it 2

nice finds.  I have not had the BCBS before.  I did however try the DKML and I am sad to say I did not care for it at all.  Hopefully it is in your wheelhouse.  I really wanted to like it too.

I do have some founders breakfast stout that I am looking forward to opening soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Tupps full grown Jack - a pumpkin spiced imperial stout.

I was talking to one of the beer vendors who saw me grab this off the shelf, and he said the draft version is over the top better than the canned version I bought.  and the canned version is great.

On 10/27/2017 at 3:57 PM, chappy6107 said:

picked up some Guinness 200th anniversary.

Nice, :)Sláinte!

• I like it 1

found some velvet merkin aged 1 year in bourbon barrels.

when I grabbed this the clerk asked if I had any interest in an Odell rasberry & cherry sour ale.  I said well hell yeah.  Never had any of their stuff but I have heard it is yummy.

IMAG1857.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I was looking for this thread and couldn't believe it didn't already exist.  Oh well.  I was excited as I was with the family this morning at Wegman's and found that they had the DKML which I was curious about.  So I picked it up along with our other groceries.  After we finished checking out and where going to leave I noticed the guy at Customer service had a cart that he was putting some more beer behind the shelves.  They were just stocking a case of BCBS, so I picked up a bottle and they literally had a single four pack of the KBS.  I have no idea why the BCBS was sitting around at this point in the year.

b001.thumb.jpg.e860ed18c442253bef9cb25b2c93aac7.jpg

I️ honestly did not care much for the dkml either. Trying to figure out how to make it through the next 3 bottles. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's funny about this goose island hype is that it was my least favorite of things I tried while in line. (the owner set out a bunch of cups and beers)

20171124_092423.jpg

I picked up a few BCBS's today, but overall chose very poorly in my approach as I found out a local place had all 6 available.  Oh well maybe next year.

Got my Black Friday shopping done. 
20171124_081820-1043x921.thumb.jpg.a2c95cde560d36a08d6ef00c4c6ca04a.jpg

I picked up a few BCBS's today, but overall chose very poorly in my approach as I found out a local place had all 6 available.  Oh well maybe next year.

Wow want this the KC and other finished variations bad. The standard bourbon county seems abundant but haven't seen the others yet. About to try the standard to see if it's worth picking up a few more.
  • I like it 1

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Wow want this the KC and other finished variations bad. The standard bourbon county seems abundant but haven't seen the others yet. About to try the standard to see if it's worth picking up a few more.

Yeah.  I was pretty bummed.  I definitely wanted the Reserve and the Coffee.

I'm surprised that it's still around.  Around here it always sells out the same day.

Yeah.  I was pretty bummed.  I definitely wanted the Reserve and the Coffee.

I'm surprised that it's still around.  Around here it always sells out the same day.

It's funny around here people wait in line at certain places for it and it's sold out in hours yet a couple minutes down the street there's cases.

Its mostly gone around here the same day. I stood in line for about 15 mins at a TW. We could get 2 regular bottles, 1 variant, and 1 limited from other beers.  I also had one regular bottle held for me on a waiting list that I picked up today. I was surprised that the Knob Creek reserve was available. I thought it was a Chicago only. My most expensive bottle of beer ever!  My other choices were either Northwoods or Barleywine.

Talked to the manager at the other store I picked up my held bottle at. They didn't get any KC Reserve. He said they didn't get many variants at all. He said he didn't know what the big deal about the 11 year Knob Creek barrels was since he claimed all the regular stuff is aged in KC barrels too. I told him that the regular stuff is in younger Heaven Hill barrels and he disputed that..saying it's "always been in Knob Creek barrels. I know because I get their used barrels."  ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.