Jump to content

Purchased any new rye lately? (Fall 2017)


bourbon4all
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Recommended Posts

KyleCBreese

I’m still only seeing the Willett 3 Year Rye in NJ. Have they been releasing 4-5 year old product? I know I’ve seen some single barrels, but are those KY only?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • kevinbrink

    20

  • HoustonNit

    19

  • Ace1943

    19

  • EarthQuake

    9

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picked up 3 bottles of HWRR from 2014 on sale for $30 each. 

Good week so far. 

Bought these for $29.99 each Enviado desde mi SM-G935P mediante Tapatalk

Posted Images

Local ABC cutting its losses on The Black Prince. Most sale items are only on sale for a month. 

 

57100D48-2E54-4C2C-9B73-703AF4B0EAEF.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2018 at 8:38 AM, Charlutz said:

Local ABC cutting its losses on The Black Prince. Most sale items are only on sale for a month. 

 

57100D48-2E54-4C2C-9B73-703AF4B0EAEF.png

A little bit surprised as these have actually been selling in VA for $500.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought two SAOS 7 rye 99 proof for the bunker, it's becoming hard to find so i'm buying some every time i'm seeing it. Having a pour right now, man, it's pretty good. 

 

Will. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

I just bought two SAOS 7 rye 99 proof for the bunker, it's becoming hard to find so i'm buying some every time i'm seeing it. Having a pour right now, man, it's pretty good. 

 

Will. 

I haven't seen any of that in at least 2 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I haven't seen any of that in at least 2 years.

There is still some old stock here in Europe, but it’s gonna be gone soon. What was the retail price of those in the US ??

 

Will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

There is still some old stock here in Europe, but it’s gonna be gone soon. What was the retail price of those in the US ??

 

Will.

I don't really remember..but I want to say it was in the $40-$50 range...maybe as low as $35 occasionally. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clueby said:

I don't really remember..but I want to say it was in the $40-$50 range...maybe as low as $35 occasionally. 

That is my recollection as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Clueby said:

I don't really remember..but I want to say it was in the $40-$50 range...maybe as low as $35 occasionally. 

 

7 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

That is my recollection as well

I'm paying €35-€50 for a bottle at the moment, worth it to me. had a glass yesterday, it's pretty tasty. 

 

Will.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up a KC SB pick, I think one of the first that’s hit down here, really excited to try it. My hope it’ll be half as good as the THH.

 

Also I was excited about the 6 year statement until I checked the barreling date.

 

Oops

 

1d196bf69fa36286bb8d5c703ebcd922.jpg

 

2db47730a8e7772268f2c7fd56301b72.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Also I was excited about the 6 year statement until I checked the barreling date.

 

Oops

 

2db47730a8e7772268f2c7fd56301b72.jpg

D'oh.

 

Is that a separate sticker added by the folks who did the barrel selection?

Link to post
Share on other sites
D'oh.
 
Is that a separate sticker added by the folks who did the barrel selection?


I believe they or the distributor put it on. It’s really good even with a misprint.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

 


I believe they or the distributor put it on. It’s really good even with a misprint.

 

If I recall correctly this is not the first misprint revealed here in the past couple months. Makes me think bad thoughts...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't actually know, but around here I have never seen a KC pick with a label stating the age, I have always assumed that the stores or distributers added those labels which is why I never paid much attention to them in other peoples posts, they don't have a consistent format like the labels on 4R Single Barrels or the gold BT stickers. If Beam offered to put them on, why wouldn't everyone have them labeled?

Link to post
Share on other sites

5+ years was about the age of the samples for a Rye Barrel pick we got. Anybody see one that is at least 6?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
bourbon4all
On 4/5/2018 at 2:05 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

5+ years was about the age of the samples for a Rye Barrel pick we got. Anybody see one that is at least 6?

My local received theirs last week and they were all top floor....4, 5, and 6. The 4 and 6 are most interesting. Not sure if they will get one or not. I didn't have much time on Friday when we tried it so we didn't get it proofed down yet. The kit now comes with a proofing chart and marked test tube though which is neat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.