Derby Pie

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was messing around before heading out to our tailgate last weekend and was grabbing some stuff for Manhattan's etc.  Decided to see if I could come up with a drink.  Here's what I came up with.  It's kind of sweet but people at the tailgate liked it.

Derby Pie

1.5 oz. bourbon

1.5 oz. Peach Schnapps

1.5 oz. Rivulet Pecan Liquor

1 oz. Chocolate Martini Mix

Pour over ice in a high ball glass stir, serve with Maraschino Cherry.

18 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Was messing around before heading out to our tailgate last weekend and was grabbing some stuff for Manhattan's etc.  Decided to see if I could come up with a drink.  Here's what I came up with.  It's kind of sweet but people at the tailgate liked it.

Derby Pie

1.5 oz. bourbon

1.5 oz. Peach Schnapps

1.5 oz. Rivulet Pecan Liquor

1 oz. Chocolate Martini Mix

Pour over ice in a high ball glass stir, serve with Maraschino Cherry.

That sounds pretty darn good. What Bourbon/bourbons did you use? I wonder if low or high rye would work better.

I used a bottle of Bird Dog 10 year SmB that I was talked into buying.  It's not a bad pour but it's also not one that I go to very often.  Figured I would rather use it for mixed drinks as opposed to others (EC, CEHT, WSR, EWSmB, etc.) that I enjoy without mixing.  I thought about trying some others that I had at the tailgate (EC, 4RSiB,  . . . ) but didn't.  Higher rye would probably work though.

"Kinda" sweet????

I am ok with sweet drinks every now and again but saying that one is "kinda" sweet is a bit like saying some one is "kinda" pregnant!  :o

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.