Sign in to follow this  
CardsandBourbon

Derby Pie

CardsandBourbon

Was messing around before heading out to our tailgate last weekend and was grabbing some stuff for Manhattan's etc.  Decided to see if I could come up with a drink.  Here's what I came up with.  It's kind of sweet but people at the tailgate liked it.

Derby Pie

1.5 oz. bourbon

1.5 oz. Peach Schnapps

1.5 oz. Rivulet Pecan Liquor

1 oz. Chocolate Martini Mix

Pour over ice in a high ball glass stir, serve with Maraschino Cherry.

JCwhammie
18 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Was messing around before heading out to our tailgate last weekend and was grabbing some stuff for Manhattan's etc.  Decided to see if I could come up with a drink.  Here's what I came up with.  It's kind of sweet but people at the tailgate liked it.

Derby Pie

1.5 oz. bourbon

1.5 oz. Peach Schnapps

1.5 oz. Rivulet Pecan Liquor

1 oz. Chocolate Martini Mix

Pour over ice in a high ball glass stir, serve with Maraschino Cherry.

That sounds pretty darn good. What Bourbon/bourbons did you use? I wonder if low or high rye would work better.

CardsandBourbon

I used a bottle of Bird Dog 10 year SmB that I was talked into buying.  It's not a bad pour but it's also not one that I go to very often.  Figured I would rather use it for mixed drinks as opposed to others (EC, CEHT, WSR, EWSmB, etc.) that I enjoy without mixing.  I thought about trying some others that I had at the tailgate (EC, 4RSiB,  . . . ) but didn't.  Higher rye would probably work though.

tanstaafl2

"Kinda" sweet????

I am ok with sweet drinks every now and again but saying that one is "kinda" sweet is a bit like saying some one is "kinda" pregnant!  :o