Hunting Season Is Winding Down

FacePlant
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2017 Whiskey Season is getting long in the tooth. It's 5 here in Memphis and I just uncorked a nice pair to celebrate another great year in finding and capturing some tough LEs.

IMG_0890.thumb.JPG.479e41179a270f5c0be64a1a004a5ac9.JPG

I'm most proud to have been able to fill an entire box with good whiskey. And yes, that's the blue label in there. Last hold outs here in Memphis are the Pappzzze, RHF, & ETL. Since I have zero Zen, I will be trolling for those also.

IMG_0889.thumb.JPG.abe30b35188a3abc1b67232ffa3d6399.JPG

Here's wishing all in the SB community a Very Happy Holiday Season and may all your hunts yield a full game bag.

• I like it 7

2017 Whiskey Season is getting long in the tooth. It's 5 here in Memphis and I just uncorked a nice pair to celebrate another great year in finding and capturing some tough LEs.
I'm most proud to have been able to fill an entire box with good whiskey. And yes, that's the blue label in there. Last hold outs here in Memphis are the Pappzzze, RHF, & ETL. Since I have zero Zen, I will be trolling for those also.
Here's wishing all in the SB community a Very Happy Holiday Season and may all your hunts yield a full game bag.

You have done well my friend! Hopefully I'll have similar success, but I'm pretty sure I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of scoring three bottles of WLW! Congrats on a full game bag and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, FacePlant said:

You did well my friend.  Enjoy your bounty as winter approaches.  GTS on a cold winter's night is always a treat!

Hunting this year has been harder than ever. I’m starting to feel like Arnold trying to find a Turboman

20 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Nice hunting season for you. You have obviously made some friends around town. enjoy those pours.

My only hopes for a BTAC are a couple lotteries that haven't happened yet. That is unless my little small town store comes thru.  I've pretty much resigned that I will never own a bottle of any VW product..which is ok.

I did pretty well on the "2nd string" LEs this year....PHC, FRSmBLE, EC18, W12, MWND.

We don't call it hunting season around here, just wishing season.  We wish we would even get to see a bottle of GTS, WLW, ER17, ORVW, TH 18 . . . The only one I got of any of these was a bottle of EC18, which I got up at 4:56 am and stood in line for 3:40 minutes to get.

• I like it 1

A little bird told me about some ETL that hit the ABC's but after a few phone calls where it was showing up in stock my hopes were quickly dashed as they were already gone. The hunt continues...:)

• I like it 1

Great Season FacePlant!  I am also winding down and just posted about the bottles I will be cracking shortly.  What is blue? Sazerac 18?  Good luck on the PVW line, I would expect if you have the pull to crush BTAC you should be in line for a bottle or two no?

Edited by Bob_Loblaw

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

My only hopes for a BTAC are a couple lotteries that haven't happened yet. That is unless my little small town store comes thru.  I've pretty much resigned that I will never own a bottle of any VW product..which is ok.

I did pretty well on the "2nd string" LEs this year....PHC, FRSmBLE, EC18, W12, MWND.

It's a good/bad situation here in TN. We don't ever think we'll pick up PH11 for $115 or W12 for $34. Retailers mark their allocation to the market. The LS put a very hefty markup and then "secretly" contact their best, most consistent customers. Those folks then feel real special to pay twice retail. You have to decide in January if you're in or out this year, then the marathon begins. How many purchases and how much did you spend by the start of LE season?

One of these days I'll catch enough Zen to get over it, but for now I'm drinking good and building a decent bunker.

The other choice as I see it would be state owned/regulated ABC with drawings (usually no choice in selection) or long lines-then you get lucky every once in a while BUT PAY retail. Both options sux and the real bourbon drinkers just smile and pour another delicious ER or WT or OGD!

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Clueby said:

If PHC and FRSmBLE are 2nd string than I'm good being on the JV team, happy to have the others on the squad as well.

• I like it 2

I have a friend at work who was on vacation last week. It was his annual fall hunting week. He did good this year. He bagged a pretty nice buck, and a fairly decent doe. :o Venison jerky will be forthcoming. :P

Sláinte! Joe

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Great Season FacePlant!  I am also winding down and just posted about the bottles I will be cracking shortly.  What is blue? Sazerac 18?  Good luck on the PVW line, I would expect if you have the pull to crush BTAC you should be in line for a bottle or two no?

I believe the blue foil top you see there is the Eagle Rare 17

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:23 AM, LongGone said:

I believe the blue foil top you see there is the Eagle Rare 17

Indeed it is. And this year the very rare Eagle Rare 17 even more rare than usual with a very limited number of bottles reported to have been released!

On November 22, 2017 at 9:43 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I have a friend at work who was on vacation last week. It was his annual fall hunting week. He did good this year. He bagged a pretty nice buck, and a fairly decent doe. :o Venison jerky will be forthcoming. :P

Sláinte! Joe

Update!  My buddy brought in his venison jerky Friday. He used hickory flavored seasoning. Man it was good. :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.