Jim Beam Distiller's Cut

miller542
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been giving this a go the last couple of nights, and it's pretty good stuff...especially for the money! I may have to pick up a couple more sooner than later in case this is a one time release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

Almost picked up a bottle of this today. I got a bottle of Prohibition 1920 Bourbon instead.

Wish I had read this thread first.

Oh well, at the price I'll pick up a bottle later this week.

• I like it 1

Had my first taste last night. Not the best, but a very good value for the money. I liked it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I opened a bottle of this for happy hour today and found it to be a pleasant pour. Its taste reminded me of KC but it's not quite in the same ball park. I don't think it belongs in my regular buy list but I may pick up another bottle if there's any left on the shelf during the summer.

I've been enjoying my bottle. Definitely not as thin and hot as most of the other new Beam releases. Much thicker, a bit more mellow, and a lot better flavor. It almost reminds me of a "Baker's Junior."

On 1/10/2018 at 5:22 AM, Bourbon....Neat! said:

Has anyone seen this is California?  I still have not been able to find it anywhere.

Total Wine has been stocking this regularly.  FYI.  

• 1 year later...

So is this a one time and gone deal? It was pretty darn good for the price. Haven’t seen it in a while.

I think it was one and done. I bought one, but haven’t opened it. I still see them on the shelves here, but they’re slowly disappearing. 

I may buy more if they go clearance price, but at $21/fifth, I’d rather grab WT101

• I like it 1

In my neck of the woods I can pick up a 750ml of WT101 for $14.99 and a 750ml of KC for $19.99.  That being the case there is really no need for me to pick up another bottle of JB Distillers Cut for $18.99.  That being said I did think it was perfectly fine stuff and absolutely blows the doors off regular Beam.

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

So is this a one time and gone deal? It was pretty darn good for the price. Haven’t seen it in a while.

Allegedly it is returning this year, and will be a recurring limited release (was trying to find where I read that, but can't - probably another thread here!).  It hung around for a while here in ATL, and for the money I thought was a really good whiskey.  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.