Bourbon & Coffee

mrt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi all,

I tried my drip coffee with the addition of bourbon today, after breakfast. The coffee was Starbucks Christmas Blend and the bourbon was Jim Beam 7 years old (ok, not one of your perfect ones :) ) Well, I enjoyed the outcome. The coffee enriched with the kind of caramel and charred oak smells of bourbon tasted fine and lingered warmly. Perhaps I can try with somewhat higher-shelf bourbons next time, such as Woodford Reserve.

What do you think about this? Do you enjoy any recipes with bourbon and coffee? I would be happy to hear about these.

Best wishes,

mrt

I do like this a lot, especially with black coffee, even though I normally never take my coffee black.

Also, for some reason, my most successful pairing was with a cheapo Nescafe House Blend instant coffee. That coffee still comes through strong while most typical grounds get lost in hot alcohol vapors. Unfortunately it's not very easy to reliably find instant coffee here, but I believe you have it in spades in Turkey. Try it.

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...

I recently put some BT in my coffee. I was thinking "Irish coffee" would be good for the day because for the first time in awhile I had awoken to an empty schedule day which was very nice. Pour a little BT in my coffee (my wife's a coffee snob but I could care less - all the same to me :). Damn good! I will do this again. "Kentucky Coffee" I guess.

• I like it 1

On 11/25/2017 at 12:11 PM, chappy6107 said:

I have never had bourbon in my coffee (yet).  But I do enjoy some Bourbon Cream in my coffee

This..so much this.  Or in hot chocolate.  Or in root beer.  Or...Or....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.