VA Lottery

Bourserker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So just a simple question for all you VA residents.  Have you gotten anything from the lottery yet since it's inception?

I've entered a bunch of the lotteries and haven't gotten a single thing...big ole goose egg...starting to wonder if this whole lottery thing is just a big farce.

I've entered 31 and won 4 (Stagg Jr Batch 6, Abraham Bowman Wheat, EH Taylor Barrel Proof, and EH Taylor Small Batch).  Although that's a little misleading as I believe that Stagg Jr may have been the first item they ever put to lottery (and the Abe Bowman was pretty early on as well).  Those were literally the first two I entered and I was 2 for 2.  I then proceeded to miss out on the next 18 (I keep track of what they put out and what I enter / pass on).  And I also enter a bunch of these for both myself and the wife. 

I've been playing since last fall and I've won CEHT 4G, EC23, and 1792FP (I got the email on this win but the store has not contacted me yet).

I've gotten a Lot B, CEHT Seasoned Wood, and a Barterhouse. I don't enter them all but haven't won anything since last year. 

I'll enter the PVW lotteries but I'm not holding my breath. 

4 minutes ago, jackthedog said:

I would think that our odds should be pretty good with 1316 bottles of the PVW12.

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

I would think that our odds should be pretty good with 1316 bottles of the PVW12.

That was my thought as well. I'll enter them all and see what happens. 

• I like it 1

I have probably entered 10-12 of them in the last two years and won twice (EHT BP and Abe Bowman Wheat). Many of the lotteries for other stuff like 1792 Full Proof, EHT SmB, etc., are readily available on the shelf in surrounding states, so I don't even bother with those. 

Hmmmm, good to hear some of you guys on here are getting stuff.  It's probably partially the lotteries I've been entering.  I only go for the unicorn stuff...most other items that go up in the lottery I usually can find when I'm traveling.

I've gotten an EH Taylor Four Grain, two EH Taylor single barrels, and have a Midwinter Night's Dram coming soon. Never won anything that's truly hard to get, but have only entered during last year and this year's limited release season.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:47 AM, Jazz June said:

I've gotten an EH Taylor Four Grain, two EH Taylor single barrels, and have a Midwinter Night's Dram coming soon. Never won anything that's truly hard to get, but have only entered during last year and this year's limited release season.

that CEHT 4g is very hard to find

My colleague in Virginia has won John E Fitzgerald, one of the Rhetorics, Batterhouse on the re-release, Bowman Wheat, and I think that's it.  He enters most (as witnessed by the orphan barrels) but not the really stupid ones like EHT SmB and breckenridge and apple brandy but I don't know the exact number.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:15 AM, jackthedog said:

I've gotten a Lot B, CEHT Seasoned Wood, and a Barterhouse. I don't enter them all but haven't won anything since last year. 

Seasoned Wood was before the lottery.  I know that because it was an online order only and the shit show that followed was the reason they started the lottery.  It was also the morning my son was born, so I had a co-worker (unsuccessfully) try to obtain a bottle for me. 

I got an Abraham bowman wheated through the lottery, and bookers rye online about a year and a half ago - nada since. I enter for maybe a third of the offerings. Notable other bottles I have been able to get over the past year through va abc are pvw20(waitlist since 2012), GTS (waitlist no show) and michters rye toasted barrel. For those interested, Ive heard that GTS is now off the waitlist and may be a lottery item in the very near future.

On 12/13/2017 at 11:44 PM, JoeTerp said:

Seasoned Wood was before the lottery.  I know that because it was an online order only and the shit show that followed was the reason they started the lottery.  It was also the morning my son was born, so I had a co-worker (unsuccessfully) try to obtain a bottle for me. 

You're right. I was shocked when I got the email a week or two later because I thought my request timed out. 

15 minutes ago, Bourserker said:

No big surprise, but got blanked on the latest lottery items...was really wanting that Booker's rye.

$300 for a Bookers? :o

11 minutes ago, DCFan said:

$300 for a Bookers? :o

Yeah, It's a dumb price, but I love those ryes and from all I have read about it I want one.  If I ever get one It's gonna get ear marked for a special occasion.

2 minutes ago, Bourserker said:

Yeah, It's a dumb price, but I love those ryes and from all I have read about it I want one.  If I ever get one It's gonna get ear marked for a special occasion.

Get the Pikesville and save yourself $250 which can go towards the VW lottery. ;)

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Get the Pikesville and save yourself $250 which can go towards the VW lottery. ;)

I've had a bottle Pikesville (and have one in the bunker), and from reviews I've read on the Booker's it sounds like it's in a different class.  It has more rye in the recipe for one thing, and It's 13 years old.  Plus, I've had (or still have) a lot of the LEs, and am pretty much done chasing them...but every once in a while one comes along that just piques your interest If you know what I mean.

• I like it 1

In FL, had a lottery for some PVW, BTAC, and assorted others. It's going to turn into a sh*t show. A local liquor store owner brought in about a dozen straw buyers and they walked out with a Stagg, Handy, 4R Barrel Proof, Elmer T Lee, and a Pappy 10 I think. It was obvious that they were buying for him because they had to look at him to know which one to pick. I hope he tries to sell them and gets busted.

5 hours ago, Bourserker said:

I only had a 2oz sample but I will say it was really damn good, not much comparable had the 2nd and last pour out of the little bottle following a pour of Kentucky Owl Rye (since that is the closest thing I have) and it was no contest and I like the KO Rye quite a bit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.