Jamaican Rum Punch (Crimean Cup à la Marmora)

Marekv8
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A friend and I took over libations duties at an annual Christmas Eve party and whipped up this beauty-- taken from Ted Haigh’s “Vintage Spirits & Forgotten Cocktails” book. We tested six different Jamaican rums, four Maraschino liquors and four Cognacs to come up with the following mix. It proved to be absolutely delicious and a huge hit at the party.

• Hamilton Jamaican Pot Still Black Rum
  • Mezan Jamaica 2000 Rum
  • Martell VSOP (a couple of 12+ year old bottles I had at the shop-- both corks fell apart while opening)
  • Maraska Maraschino
  • Giffard Orgeat
  • Fever Tree Club Soda

rum_punch.thumb.jpg.da0a271d532fd6f70c1c95de2e1eb6bc.jpgcrimean_cup_bulk.thumb.jpg.55ed4bb7df75f6ca9244cbae67c0f3d0.jpg

It is a nice punch although I tend to cut back on the sugar a bit. No champagne/sparkling wine?

2 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

It is a nice punch although I tend to cut back on the sugar a bit. No champagne/sparkling wine?

Sorry, yes-- we used Jean Vullien Crémant de Savoie. The hostess saved me a 500mL bottle of the core mix sans soda and sparkling, so I can enjoy it again for New Year's Eve.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.