Willet Pot Still

FlyBill
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 minutes ago, 0895 said:

On a serious note, I will say that the newer batches of WPS have not impressed me much.  I think the last bottle I drank was from 2015.

I swear most of the KBD/Willett/whatever you wanna call it standard releases all taste like the same juice to me, just watered down to different proofs.

They all seem to have a cinnamon component, a vegetal/plant/garden component, and some sort of nutty characteristic that I commonly find in Beam and Heaven Hill juice....hmmm.  

The cinnamon comes from their own distillate.

7 hours ago, alcoholica said:

I was under the impression that they did a finishing distillation through their pot still

I haven't heard that before.  If they started, it's something new.  

The explanation I remember for the name was; to commemorate an old (no longer working) still from years ago.

I was under the impression that they did a finishing distillation through their pot still

BrianGrossenbacher-4821-1.jpg

I think you are correct on the distillate that is still in barrels maturing in their rickhouses, but I believe the stuff currently being sold in the pot still bottles is still sourced product.
  • I like it 2

9 hours ago, PaulO said:

I haven't heard that before.  If they started, it's something new.  

The explanation I remember for the name was; to commemorate an old (no longer working) still from years ago.

They use the pot still as a doubler I believe. 

1 hour ago, flahute said:

They use the pot still as a doubler I believe. 

At the distillery, they told us they used it for final distillation

13 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

...And, Liquor Store Manager's always  have the straight skinny.....  :blink:

Meh, this store stays up on their stuff pretty regular. Time will tell if they are right or not though. Can't think they are using it as a sales technique since they rarely can keep it on the shelves.

1 hour ago, alcoholica said:

Meh, this store stays up on their stuff pretty regular. Time will tell if they are right or not though. Can't think they are using it as a sales technique since they rarely can keep it on the shelves.

Could happen, but if I had a nickel for every incorrect thing I heard in, or originating from a liquor store...

And, typically their source is...wait for it...THE DISTRIBUTOR REP!!!   Even more worthless.  :lol:

There’s an entire multi-post thread in the archives here about stupid things heard in liquor stores.  Again, could happen.  But until confirmed by Willett, I don’t see it.  Like Paddy said, it’s about all it has going for it and probably is the reason for 80% of it’s sales. 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, alcoholica said:

At the distillery, they told us they used it for final distillation

Otherwise known as doubling.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.