Off to BT

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hope to come back with something good from the trip or at least get some good tastings. Gonna try and swing by HH on the way or way back too. Said they had some SS and EC18 a few weeks ago.. hope its still avail. 

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 2

5 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Hope to come back with something good from the trip or at least get some good tastings. Gonna try and swing by HH on the way or way back too. Said they had some SS and EC18 a few weeks ago.. hope its still avail. 

Good Luck, and Have FUN, FH!!!!

• I like it 1

The CEHT tour is pretty cool. Tasting are the same all the time. BT, ER10 , white dog and bourbon cream. Enjoy. 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

They may also have WHH. Don’t forget to check out the Willett gift shop if you go to HH. They’re literally right next door. The Willett gift shop can be a little hit or miss, but that’s part of the fun as they might have a couple bottles of something awesome on any given day

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

The Willett gift shop can be a little hit or miss, but that’s part of the fun as they might have a couple bottles of something awesome on any given day

Much more miss than hit, but your point still stands.

• I like it 2

HH may have their 18 HH Select available. It’s a 14 year double oaked whiskey, 12 then 2 in used wheat barrels. $150 a bottle though!

• I like it 1

There are some very very nice people in this world. One of them is in Kentucky. Thank you sir! (and Thank you too ma'am!)

enhance

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

There are some very very nice people in this world. One of them is in Kentucky. Thank you sir! (and Thank you too ma'am!)

enhance

WOW. Good for you. What comes around goes around. Please enjoy.

Edited by Dango
  • I like it 1

On 1/31/2018 at 3:38 PM, Dango said:

The CEHT tour is pretty cool. Tasting are the same all the time. BT, ER10 , white dog and bourbon cream. Enjoy. 

Youre right! Such an incredible tour! Everyone should go at least once.. so glad we did. Everyone was suuuper nice and seemed to love working there. They made a bourbon fan out of my wife and she had zero interest before we went. She was as fascinated and impressed as I was. Our guide was extremely knowledgable and just awesome. Five stars! I havent been as impressed with a place since we visited Biltmore! Plan your trip immediately!

Also..We got to see the blantons bottles being filled, waxed and labeled. We toured the recently excavated archaeological dig. The tasting was simple but great (probably better since I havent had a drink since last year).

Edited by FasterHorses

16 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

HH may have their 18 HH Select available. It’s a 14 year double oaked whiskey, 12 then 2 in used wheat barrels. $150 a bottle though!

Pics of this tomorrow. 

On 1/31/2018 at 5:27 PM, BottledInBond said:

They may also have WHH. Don’t forget to check out the Willett gift shop if you go to HH. They’re literally right next door. The Willett gift shop can be a little hit or miss, but that’s part of the fun as they might have a couple bottles of something awesome on any given day

Thanks, stopped in their visitor centers  but we didnt have enough time to tour either. Too much to do Wednesday and then BT today. Will definitely return to BT and will make time to tour HH probably. Willett seemed the least impressive but maybe we stopped at a bad time. 

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

enhance

Whats the story behind landing this big fish?

A friend of a friend found out about my interest in bourbon and offered this to me. I may never know why someone would be that generous but am and will always be grateful. 

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

A friend of a friend found out about my interest in bourbon and offered this to me. I may never know why someone would be that generous but am and will always be grateful. 

That's high on my short list, having never seen it for sale...but boy do I hate that bottle.  I'd never put good bourbon in a cheap, fru-fru wine bottle.  They also put ER and their flagship GTS in the samish bottles!   I hide my ER in the back, to keep folks from thinking its muscatel....<g>

While similar in shape to a Bordeaux style bottle which typically contains Cabernet or Merlot, the BTAC bottles have a longer neck, higher shoulders, no (immediately discernible) taper from shoulder to heel, and they lack the punt (the indentation at the bottom of the bottle). It seems likely that BT found inspiration for the style in the Cognac world -- where it is not uncommon. But  a "cheap, fru-fru wine bottle" it is definitely not. 

gts_bordeaux.jpg

• I like it 4

if you go to Willett, get there as soon as they open.  family estate bourbons are first come first serve.  and dont forget the grenades at HH

19 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

enhance

I wish I knew somebody that nice in Kentucky . . . I mean besides myself.  This is at the top of my list of bourbons I want to get, but may never get the chance to.

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, Dango said:

WOW. Good for you. What comes around goes around. Please enjoy.

20 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

enhance

OMG the 19yr! How cool. To think they barreled it in 1980 and now almost 38 years later it was gifted to you. Just incredible. Congrats on your HUGH SCORE! :o

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, FacePlant said:

OMG the 19yr! How cool. To think they barreled it in 1980 and now almost 38 years later it was gifted to you. Just incredible. Congrats on your HUGH SCORE! :o

Wow..didn't even notice that it wasn't a new WLW. That is quite the score indeed.

I looked at my WLW just to double check that was a unicorn among unicorns - well done - you're a lucky guy to have such a generous friend (or just a rando person you met?).  We need the full backstory.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.