Jump to content
Littlericky

Master of Malt

Recommended Posts

KyleCBreese

They were bought by AB InBev today, so that might have something to do with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kpiz
15 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

They were bought by AB InBev today, so that might have something to do with it. 

I can't imagine it's a coincidence, but I'm wondering why exactly that would affect their shipping to the US. There are a few possible reasons, but I think this is the key sentence from their blog post: "We are working very hard on ways to be able to provide services again with the help of wholesale and retail partners based in-country." This makes it sound like they're trying to find new avenues through which to deliver their wares. Maybe they're concerned about the legality of selling directly to US customers since they're now a retailer owned by a producer, which is not in line with the three-tier system? Seems like they'd be able to skirt around this by restructuring ownership or something.

 

The division of AB InBev (ZX Ventures) that technically purchased MoM's parent company call themselves a "global growth an innovation group", so it's funny that they purchased an online retailer and then immediately shut down a large market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bambam
Posted (edited)

I went to sleep with some UK Blantons in my cart at MoM. Woke up and couldn’t complete my order. Had to overpay pretty hard just to get some on my shelf :/

Edited by Bambam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeeTen
Posted (edited)

Got my delivery from MoM a few weeks ago, after the shutdown.  Not FedEx anymore, but some guy with a truck.  No signature required, but we missed each other several times and had to call the UK to re-schedule delivery.  Gonna' give them some time to work out the kinks with the new delivery service before ordering again.  But I did finally complete my collection of Blanton's Gold tops!

 

 

Blanton's Gold Tops Complete.jpg

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richnimrod
46 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Got my delivery from MoM a few weeks ago, after the shutdown.  Not FedEx anymore, but some guy with a truck.  No signature required, but we missed each other several times and had to call the UK to re-schedule delivery.  Gonna' give them some time to work out the kinks with the new delivery service before ordering again.  But I did finally complete my collection of Blanton's Gold tops!

 

 

Blanton's Gold Tops Complete.jpg

IMPRESSIVE, Gee!     A classy and tasteful display, too.    Good on ya', Gee!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2

Nice but keeping the UK sticker on the bottle (or facing forward) kind of seems out of place!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeeTen
1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Nice but keeping the UK sticker on the bottle (or facing forward) kind of seems out of place!

 

But, but  . . . .  that's where I got it from (is that good Engrish?) heh, heh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Curtis Reed
Got my delivery from MoM a few weeks ago, after the shutdown.  Not FedEx anymore, but some guy with a truck.  No signature required, but we missed each other several times and had to call the UK to re-schedule delivery.  Gonna' give them some time to work out the kinks with the new delivery service before ordering again.  But I did finally complete my collection of Blanton's Gold tops!
 
 
1526571688_BlantonsGoldTopsComplete.thumb.jpg.70befb6e7f913579e3f115342042280d.jpg

Very nice looking display!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeeTen
3 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:


Very nice looking display!

 

Thanks - and now I can replace the almost empty bottle of Blanton's Gold with a new bottle of Blanton's SFTB (thanks to my new best friend!) sans the UK sticker, of course . . . . . . . . 

 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

 

Thanks - and now I can replace the almost empty bottle of Blanton's Gold with a new bottle of Blanton's SFTB (thanks to my new best friend!) sans the UK sticker, of course . . . . . . . . 

 

Excellent plan! :)

 

 

 

Edited by tanstaafl2
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane

For the record, this seems to be just MoM. For example, The Whisky Exchange will still happily ship to US if you need your SFTB fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam777

Anyone have a good alternative to MOM? I placed an order around Feb and got my first Blanton’s Gold & SFTB and in need for replacement. Whiskey Exchange doesn’t seem to ship to MI so asking the more experienced online shoppers in regards to reputable sites. PM me if needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×