Barracuda cay or bc Caribbean rum? help

bourbon4all
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My local liq has the 18 year old on closeout and was curious if anyone had any info. Haven't purchased since I'm assuming it's got a bunch of additives but hoping I'm wrong

7 hours ago, bourbon4all said:

My local liq has the 18 year old on closeout and was curious if anyone had any info. Haven't purchased since I'm assuming it's got a bunch of additives but hoping I'm wrong

Never seen it and not much out there about it that I can find. I suspect it is one of the many brands that seem to have come out of the woodwork recently sourcing rum from Panama with claims of older age statements. Likely sweetened and colored at least some and I am not sure I would even rely on the age statement being factual. The website I found seems to be defunct. Not sure whomever sourced it is even still in operation.

Unless you are ok with the likelihood that it is colored and sweet and it is a super cheap deal I would probably pass.

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Never seen it and not much out there about it that I can find. I suspect it is one of the many brands that seem to have come out of the woodwork recently sourcing rum from Panama with claims of older age statements. Likely sweetened and colored at least some and I am not sure I would even rely on the age statement being factual. The website I found seems to be defunct. Not sure whomever sourced it is even still in operation.

Unless you are ok with the likelihood that it is colored and sweet and it is a super cheap deal I would probably pass.

I don't know why I knew you would be the first to respond.:D Thanks! Appreciated.  I assumed it a pass especially since the rum bug has been put off by a combination of terror it will bite me and my not having tried every whiskey (in the world?..no) that I want...

11 hours ago, bourbon4all said:

I don't know why I knew you would be the first to respond.:D Thanks! Appreciated.  I assumed it a pass especially since the rum bug has been put off by a combination of terror it will bite me and my not having tried every whiskey (in the world?..no) that I want...

Is the price worth the gamble?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.