The Cooking Bonanza

bayouredd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As I sit at the keyboard with still, another bowl of etoufee and a typing task ahead, I chose my pairing wisely, as the Blantons gives me the strength to completion…

typing.thumb.jpg.d5cdfc1725c7e1b4da161e7cde15c3f2.jpg

The rice is retired, my back is retired and my feet have died!!!

My darling Daughter & Hubby with my year old Grandson, flew in from Dallas for the Easter weekend which sent me to a self-inflicted cooking bonanza.

Good Friday started it off as homemade spaghetti sauce w/ shrimp was the dish. The sauce simmered in a crockpot, over night, Thursday & the shrimp was added about an hour before arrival.

5ac2dbbacd996_sauce-shrimp.thumb.jpg.fbee79d2164a7fd52d7c6ec0e9ab1db2.jpg

Saturday had pork tenderloins wrapped in bacon with homemade mac-n-cheese & baked beans.

tloin.thumb.jpg.f82ade963e18b87956de24241f04fe00.jpg

Easter was the biggest workload as my kids with girlfriends, wives, husbands & even one’s in-laws, dug into 75 lbs of crawfish & other goodies.

boil.thumb.jpg.c17b85bacdb30c156fc2030c9606711d.jpg

Monday came the inevitable crawfish etoufee, made with the 3 or 4 lbs of tails, left over from the boil. Etoufee really doesn’t get any better than that!!!

etoufee1.thumb.jpg.2424f7384e6fcac4d80c6dd37f47ea42.jpg

Though my body is unforgiving, I would think at this point, a scale would be more so; but, for “My Gang”, it was all worth it.

Cheers…

• I like it 4

I want to come to your house!!! I've never been to a crawfish boil with boiled peanuts before, but that looks like a wonderful idea. I've always just included the usual suspects: new potatoes, corn on the cob and smoked sausage.

10 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I want to come to your house!!! I've never been to a crawfish boil with boiled peanuts before, but that looks like a wonderful idea. I've always just included the usual suspects: new potatoes, corn on the cob and smoked sausage.

Everyone is welcome to eat at my house. When my Kids were in high school, their friends took that literally. You could tell which ones had non-cooking parents. If you ever go to the beach in Pensacola, give me a heads-up. I guarantee something tasty out of the kitchen...

I threw a crawfish boil annually for one of my Son's cross country teams when he ran in college & tried the peanuts on a whim. It is now one of his demands. Mushrooms are very good also, but they soak up more pepper than the corn. Aiy Yeeeeeeh!!!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.