bourbon4all

Rye Talk (2018) Purchases-Enjoyment

Clueby

Spent the evening at my daughter's house getting the turkey and stuffing ready to go for tomorrow. Brought this over with me and cracked it open. Seems a bit more "finished" than previous releases with a heavier wine note. Nice, spicy rye tingle on the finish.

20181121_220602-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 2

JCwhammie

Wow! 

20181124_102820.jpg

• I like it 3

lcpfratn
Wow! 
20181124_102820.thumb.jpg.992bb25d323d7859d912709fd32a4f85.jpg

Back up the truck at that price!
  • I like it 3

12 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Wow! 

20181124_102820.jpg

Ok, where the heck are you?

smokinjoe

I’ll bet somewhere the price for Rittenhouse got put in by mistake.  

Clueby
17 hours ago, 0895 said:

Ok, where the heck are you?

Yeah...enquiring minds want to know!

JoeTerp

Picked up a couple 14 year store pick Whistlepigs and an Act 6 Midwinter Night's Dram

• I like it 3

beasled

Picked up a couple of Jack Daniel's Rye earlier. It's not brilliant but for the price here (£25) it's a decent enough substitute for Dickel Rye (which is £60). 

Whiskey Junkie

Opened a HWRR, very nice.

ccleve23

Picked up a Knob Creek Rye pick today.  Look forward to cracking it later.  

• I like it 1

PaulO
On 12/3/2018 at 12:47 PM, beasled said:

Picked up a couple of Jack Daniel's Rye earlier. It's not brilliant but for the price here (£25) it's a decent enough substitute for Dickel Rye (which is £60). 

That price on the Dickel Rye sounds crazy.  Here it costs $21 - $25 USD.

JD Rye is around the same price.  JD Rye is a different mash bill from a different distillery in a different state.

If you like Dickel Rye, Bulleit Rye comes from the same source - MGP Lawrenceburg, Indiana.

• I like it 2

Clueby

Had a sample of Redemption 10 Year 116p rye provided by a fellow SBr. Heavy MGP dill and tasted young for 10 years. A little time in the glass and a drop of water it got a bit sweeter and a few of those older notes came through.  Followed it up with a little Baby Saz which was much brighter and floral. One was very in your face, and the other was very subtle. I'm sure the proof has a lot to do with it but not the only defining characteristic.

20181206_205822-784x1613.jpg

BMartin42

My Rye buys from yesterday. Glad to see the 101 back on the shelves here.

The Big Bottom I know absolutely nothing about and took a flyer because it was in the clearance rack. NCF 111 proof for $25 I figured how bad can it be for that price? First bottle I’ve bought totally blind in a loooong time. IMG_0005.jpg

KyleCBreese

Was able to get a THH yesterday. Likely my only BTAC of the year. 

kevinbrink
1 hour ago, KyleCBreese said:

Was able to get a THH yesterday. Likely my only BTAC of the year. 

I was talking to one of the BK Manager's they said they were adding BTAC into the VW raffles, not sure if you bother with those but I believe they are pulling names tomorrow.

kcgumbohead

Dug a bit deeper into a SAOS rye that I opened several months back. This is my first and only SAOS rye and having read the many dill references over the years I had a preconception about what this should be like but about 1/3 of the way in it has yet to manifest. The flavor profile has been consistent and unique in a way that I enjoy but its a mood pour. I always come away with having enjoyed distinct rye bread and jalapeno notes, I've searched for dill but if its there its not what jumps out at me. If I was to ever find a loaf of jalapeno rye bread this is the liquid form of what I imagine that should taste like, and since I love both rye bread and jalapenos, its a winner!!

El Vino

Stumbled on a 2018 Michter’s 10YO Rye for $118.  Looking forward to cracking this one!

• I like it 1