Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Charlutz

Smooth Ambler Revelation

Recommended Posts

Charlutz

I found two bottles of batch 2 in a store. 99 proof, 25 or so years old. Price was $100 per. I’m assuming this is significantly above retail. Reviews seem positive. Anyone who has had it care to weigh in? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kpiz

Revelation certainly has many fans here, including me. It's very flavorful yet balanced between the molasses, fruit, and funky notes. You're correct that $100 is above retail (it can be found in the $65-$70 range) but based on quality I think it's worth $100/bottle. Astor W&S has it for $64.99 though and I think they ship to MD: http://www.astorwines.com/SearchResultsSingle.aspx?p=2&search=33325&searchtype=Contains

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jshleffar

Huge fan but, yes get it shipped cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink

Definitely a bit tame to me for a Jamaican Rum but really good none the less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Charlutz

Excellent! Thanks fellas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Yes, it's like the Basil Hayden of Jamaican rum. The Barrell Batch 001 is a bolder expression for similar dollars and more proof to play with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jshleffar

Sure, its not an obscenely funky jamaican, but it is very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kpiz
Yes, it's like the Basil Hayden of Jamaican rum. The Barrell Batch 001 is a bolder expression for similar dollars and more proof to play with. 


I know I’m splitting hairs but I’d say Appleton 12yo is more like the BH of Jamaican rum. But you’re right, Revelation is not a funk bomb.
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
13 hours ago, Kpiz said:

 


I know I’m splitting hairs but I’d say Appleton 12yo is more like the BH of Jamaican rum. But you’re right, Revelation is not a funk bomb.

 

I'm going to piss in the Kool-Aid here and say that if there is a BH of Rum it's probably Real McCoy 12, Appleton 12 brings way more to the table than old Basil, while RM12 is a bit neutered to me and goes for a more premium price. Either that or go with Plantation 20th to cover the unremarkable bourbon in "upscale" packaging requirements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Charlutz
56 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm going to piss in the Kool-Aid here and say that if there is a BH of Rum it's probably Real McCoy 12, Appleton 12 brings way more to the table than old Basil, while RM12 is a bit neutered to me and goes for a more premium price. Either that or go with Plantation 20th to cover the unremarkable bourbon in "upscale" packaging requirements. 

Isn’t the qualifier ‘Jamaican’ rum and isn’t RM12 a Seale product?

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Upon further reflection, I think there may be better "Basil" candidates…

 

IMG_8988.thumb.jpg.f9e9d7f9c54ffd3a65b3d26eb824275f.jpg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kpiz
23 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Upon further reflection, I think there may be better "Basil" candidates…

 

IMG_8988.thumb.jpg.f9e9d7f9c54ffd3a65b3d26eb824275f.jpg

 

Certainly nails the proof and packaging!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
5 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Isn’t the qualifier ‘Jamaican’ rum and isn’t RM12 a Seale product?

Missed that he said Jamaican there, guess my blind love for Appleton was in my eyes!

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...