Wild Turkey Revival

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Masters Keep Revival. 12-15 year old, 101 proof, finished in Oloroso sherry casks. 

I’m in. Though I’d rather have 12-15 year old 101, hold the finish. 

B5362F42-86BA-49FA-9FB8-41BA59CA6E29.png

891AD730-A578-4916-AC9A-AEAEACB7F9BA.png

• I like it 2

Intrigued more than excited, glad that its Oloroso rather than PX so hopefully there is some balance but it sure looks dark in that picture. As a Turkey guy I'm sure I will end up plopping down the coin for this, hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I'm sure I'll be a buyer of this at some point. I've accumulated several of the previous versions. They have all been good, so expect this one will be too.

I'm a sucker for Oloroso, so yeah... And I have a gut feeling that the WT spice will be a very interesting contrast to sherry.

I’m not a finished whiskey guy so I’ll be skipping this one. Enjoy!

As much as I love Wild Turkey, I find the price tag of these bottlings too high.  I've bought them in the past, but I am going to pass on this one.  Not saying these offerings aren't good, but 2-3x better than a RR single barrel or store pick?  Nah. 

• I like it 1

I'm a total Turkey head but I also have a poor batting average with sherry finishes so no way I take a chance at this price.

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, flahute said:

I'm a total Turkey head but I also have a poor batting average with sherry finishes so no way I take a chance at this price.

I’ll probably bite later this summer. I’ll send ya some. 

21 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

I’ll probably bite later this summer. I’ll send ya some. 

Well that's very nice of you!

On 5/15/2018 at 9:58 PM, kevinbrink said:

Intrigued more than excited, glad that its Oloroso rather than PX so hopefully there is some balance but it sure looks dark in that picture. As a Turkey guy I'm sure I will end up plopping down the coin for this, hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Likely looks darker because it is in the box with no light coming through from behind. I doubt it is truly that dark even with a sherry finish. Does it say how long it was finished?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jvd99 said:

$135 and on the shelf at my local LS (yes, I bought one B))

I’ve heard some positive feed back from people I trust. 

I got to try some the other day and the Sherry finish is very minimal.  Good deep flavors of spice and vanilla, a tiny hint of sweetness.  According to Eddie 12-15 year bourbon in this.  I like it and will buy a bottle

• I like it 2

I was offered one of these today at $149. I love me some WT, but at that price point and being a finished bird, I had to pass. I would rather get almost 4 bottles of WTRB and be much happier with my money spend than taking a chance on 1 bottle of what I am sure is very good bourbon. Things are starting to price themselves a little too high on the shelf for my liking. Even in a control state.

• 2 weeks later...

Littlesmokinjoe and Mrssmokinjoe gave me this as an early Father’s Day present today.  It’s very nice whiskey.  For my tastes, the sherry is dialed in just about right.  You know it’s there, but the big aged Turkey is front and center.  It really opens up well in the glass, too.  Nice blossoming of flavors and aromas.  A very well done finished bourbon.  Pricey for sure, but I probably would have bought it on my own whenever I might see it, and certainly would have purchased based on this first taste.  

898AAD77-6258-4505-966B-BFDC9061C101.jpeg

• I like it 1

Littlesmokinjoe and Mrssmokinjoe gave me this as an early Father’s Day present today.  It’s very nice whiskey.  For my tastes, the sherry is dialed in just about right.  You know it’s there, but the big aged Turkey is front and center.  It really opens up well in the glass, too.  Nice blossoming of flavors and aromas.  A very well done finished bourbon.  Pricey for sure, but I probably would have bought it on my own whenever I might see it, and certainly would have purchased based on this first taste.  
898AAD77-6258-4505-966B-BFDC9061C101.thumb.jpeg.c34b3a606dc14b40bc5c59ace24987d5.jpeg

Well shit. I just passed on it in favor of a much more expensive bottle of scotch that ive been eyeballing for a while. Now I’m gonna have to go back to the store and get one. Fritsafrackinerrmmmm!!!

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

898AAD77-6258-4505-966B-BFDC9061C101.jpeg

Dammit. Now Joe's got me considering one I had decided I was going to pass on.

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

He's VERY good at that, Steve!

Oh I know! He's made me leap many a time.

8 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

He's VERY good at that, Steve!

Ha!  Around this house I’m more like this...

• I like it 2

I got a bottle and we tried it at the store last week. We both liked it but unlike Joe we felt like we had a hard time recognizing it as Wild Turkey. But it was one of the last bottles we tried that afternoon and a fair amount of rum and the last two years of CEHT Four Grain came before so it deserves some time on its own. Right now at the current price I am not thinking about picking up more. Time could change that.

19 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Ha!  Around this house I’m more like this...

I thought it might be more like this, Joe......

My apologizes for the thread drift

20 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

I thought it might be more like this, Joe......

My apologizes for the thread drift

That’s on it too, Gary!   :D

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this release was pretty good. I certainly wasn’t overwhelmed by sherry and it was complex and still spicy. I’m not sure that I like this better than Decades but would certainly choose this over the original batch MK17

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.