Berkshire Distillery Two Lanterns

graftonbc1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So, I make a 50 mile drive on Saturday to attend tasting hosted my Virginia Distilleries. The problem is, the ambassador doesn't show up. So I ask the owner what was up, how long we travelled, etc. He offered to open up some of his own bottles and give me a tasting, but I had the offerings he had, so I told him no thanks. I was looking around his store, and he came up to me with a pint bottle of Berkshire Distilleries Two Lanterns and gave it to me. I had never heard of it. He explained that is made from distilling Sam Adams lager three times, then aging the juice for 4 years in used bourbon barrels.

I get it home and pour a dram. Excellent. Mellow and smooth, with some smoke, apple, and baking spice. I research it a bit, and it sells upwards of 120 bucks a bottle.

It turned out to be a very nice trip.

3 hours ago, graftonbc1 said:

So, I make a 50 mile drive on Saturday to attend tasting hosted my Virginia Distilleries. The problem is, the ambassador doesn't show up. So I ask the owner what was up, how long we travelled, etc. He offered to open up some of his own bottles and give me a tasting, but I had the offerings he had, so I told him no thanks. I was looking around his store, and he came up to me with a pint bottle of Berkshire Distilleries Two Lanterns and gave it to me. I had never heard of it. He explained that is made from distilling Sam Adams lager three times, then aging the juice for 4 years in used bourbon barrels.

I get it home and pour a dram. Excellent. Mellow and smooth, with some smoke, apple, and baking spice. I research it a bit, and it sells upwards of 120 bucks a bottle.

It turned out to be a very nice trip.

They have done a few of those Beer Distilled bottles, at the very least I know there were Ommegang and Troegs versions, was always wondering about them but not willing to spend the coin.

On 6/18/2018 at 11:19 AM, kevinbrink said:

They have done a few of those Beer Distilled bottles, at the very least I know there were Ommegang and Troegs versions, was always wondering about them but not willing to spend the coin.

The price is hefty, but the pour was very good. The price accentuates the level the purveyor went to to please a customer. I definitely will go back. I am also on Manning a trip to tour the distillery out in Sheffield, MA

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.