Favorite bottom-shelf BIB

Flyfish
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Old Fitz is my favorite.  Under 20 bucks and still can find it hear in the suburbs of Chicago.

Old Grandad locally is $23.  When I head across the border to WI it’s about $20.  If OGD BIB didn’t make the finest whiskey sour I’d switch to Old Fitz.  

I have a few bottles of Heaven Hill BIB from my Kentucky trip.  That’s probably my favorite but its not on any bottom shelves locally.

HH6YO is getting a lot of love. I picked up 2 more when passing through Lexington and asked why no handles. The clerk at Liquor Barn said none in KY but available on the east coast. We'll be heading down the coast on our next trip from Philadelphia to Savannah. Any of you have suggestions about availability?

20 hours ago, PaulO said:

Golzee, TW Samuels BIB is something that may have went out of production around 2000.  It was DSP 31 distilled and I don't think was resumed anywhere after "the fire".  No hard facts or insider info; just my observations.

It tasted very similar to the HH 4 year old bond of that era - plenty of eucalyptus.

You mean the $8.99 bottle I've got stashed away from 2010 is now a dusty? :) 

Edited by Vosgar

3 hours ago, Vosgar said:

You mean the $8.99 bottle I've got stashed away from 2010 is now a dusty? :) 

Does it have distilled DSP - 31 on the label?

22 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Does it have distilled DSP - 31 on the label?

Nope, only bottled at DSP-31. I'd forgotten I even had this bottle. Oh well

TW_Samuels_006.jpg

Edited by Vosgar

22 hours ago, Flyfish said:

HH6YO is getting a lot of love. I picked up 2 more when passing through Lexington and asked why no handles. The clerk at Liquor Barn said none in KY but available on the east coast. We'll be heading down the coast on our next trip from Philadelphia to Savannah. Any of you have suggestions about availability?

I wasn't aware HHBIB6 was available outside of Kentucky?

1 hour ago, cdcdguy said:

I don't think it is, but - when we had it in Seattle a couple years ago I asked Bernie Lubbers about this (last summer) and he told me that they will occasionally release a pallet of it to markets where it's not normally available. Don't know if that's the case here.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, Flyfish said:

9 hours ago, flahute said:

I don't think it is, but - when we had it in Seattle a couple years ago I asked Bernie Lubbers about this (last summer) and he told me that they will occasionally release a pallet of it to markets where it's not normally available. Don't know if that's the case here.

11 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

In the last year I have shopped between Maine and NC and have never seen it

23 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

Oh, no! Are you telling me LS clerks are not always the best source of info?  Still, I do wonder why I have never seen it in handles.

• 2 weeks later...

OGD BIB. I know it’s not a BIB and it’s not made anymore but from all the HH BIBs I’ve had Dant, EW, HH 6yr, my favorite has been FC 6yr 101. Someone else posted WT101, so why not Fighting Cock.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.