Double Eagle Very Rare—-ER10 losing AS??

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 7/25/2018 at 8:04 AM, Good ol Boy Mike said:

This is a NAS ER . Using the same stock that was part of the store pick program, which is in hiatus.
Several batches with a broad range of age. 

Just to be totally unhelpful & add more speculation to the mix, there were some private picks of ER10 last year that were actually barrels of mash 2 (high rye). 

Mash 2 ER has been around for a long time actually. I bought my first one to get my winning GTS raffle ticket in 2013.

On 7/25/2018 at 6:04 AM, Good ol Boy Mike said:

This is a NAS ER . Using the same stock that was part of the store pick program, which is in hiatus.
Several batches with a broad range of age. 

Store pick ER are single barrels, not batches.

• 6 months later...

Virginia ABC has a listing for Double Eagle Very Rare now. Price is $2000. While it is possible that this is marked up from the MSRP, it may not be. That pricing is along the lines of the OFC and special ORVW releases, so not totally unprecedented from BT.

The MSRP I saw for it was roughly $1,000. But who knows? That steep of a retail isn’t really something that interests me. Beautiful bottle, though!

On 1/28/2019 at 9:02 AM, Jazz June said:

Virginia ABC has a listing for Double Eagle Very Rare now. Price is $2000. While it is possible that this is marked up from the MSRP, it may not be. That pricing is along the lines of the OFC and special ORVW releases, so not totally unprecedented from BT.

I saw $999 originally but now NC also has it listed for $1999.95 retail. Don’t live there but figured another state store may have it up.

Interesting...

Edited by Bambam

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, FacePlant said:

On Feb 6th The Whiskey Wash published this online: https://thewhiskeywash.com/whiskey-styles/bourbon/buffalo-trace-pushes-out-a-20-year-old-eagle-rare-bourbon/

The video available of the glass blown bottle is amazing. 299 Bottles @ /$2000 each. For the bourbonian that has everything this is a must. :) 

Thankfully, I am definitely not a 'Bourbonian who has everything', therefor it ain't a "must" for this puppy.   I added the emphasis (above) for reference, my apologies.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.