Lottery

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I think most folks would say that the current 20yr is more enjoyable than the 23yr anyway, but many of us still want to scratch that itch. Congratulations!

Thanks sir. Id have been happy with the 15 as well. Have heard some say they prefer it. But like Steve Martin said to Bernadette Peters.. “as long as im in there somewhere”.

• I like it 1

Thanks sir. Id have been happy with the 15 as well. Have heard some say they prefer it. But like Steve Martin said to Bernadette Peters.. “as long as im in there somewhere”.

I think I like the 15yr better than the 20yr myself, but I’ve only compared them SBS once or twice. FacePlant definitely likes the 20yr the best, and he’s compared them all SBS a few times.
  • I like it 1

On 11/24/2018 at 4:03 PM, FasterHorses said:

Got super lucky with a PVW20. Missed the 23 by two spots but no disappointment. 

Congrats!  I was gunning for the 15 yr.  Let us know your thoughts on it!

Ohio has been doing some lotteries lately for semi rare stuff. The wife and I made it out on 5 separate lottos on different days. We picked up the following: W12 @ $29.99; Elmer T Lee @ $37.99, Parker’s Heritage @ $89.99 and OF Bday @ $99.99. The only one we didn’t win was the OFBIB. The wife is lucky! Four Roses 130th is the next lotto next week. All the BTAC and Pappy will be done online by people with a valid Ohio’s drivers license. I’m on the line in Michigan so won’t be able to compete.

• I like it 2

Ohio has been doing some lotteries lately for semi rare stuff. The wife and I made it out on 5 separate lottos on different days. We picked up the following: W12 @ $29.99; Elmer T Lee @ $37.99, Parker’s Heritage @ $89.99 and OF Bday @ $99.99. The only one we didn’t win was the OFBIB. The wife is lucky! Four Roses 130th is the next lotto next week. All the BTAC and Pappy will be done online by people with a valid Ohio’s drivers license. I’m on the line in Michigan so won’t be able to compete.

Congrats! You scored some nice ones, and at prices below the regular retail price in my area on most of them.

10 minutes ago, DCFan said:

The latest ongoing lottery;

Blood Oath Trilogy Pack 10 packs @ $599.99

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/bourbon/blood-oath-trilogy-pack#/product?productSize=0

EC 18 yo 360 bottles @ $129.99

EC 23 yo 99 bottles @ $199.99

The local Kroger had EC18 for $119.99.  If you buy during the 30% off sale, you could get it for $84.  I have only had one bottle of the older version which I found too woody.  I am not certain how the older version compares to new version.

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

PVW lottery time at the Va ABC.

VW Package Collection - 6 collections @ $999.99

23, 15, 12, 10 yo.

23 yo - 9 bottles @ $269.99

15 yo - 174 bottles @ $99.99

12 yo - 1284 bottles @ $69.99

10 yo - 414 bottles @ $59.99

On 11/24/2018 at 4:03 PM, FasterHorses said:

Got super lucky with a PVW20. Missed the 23 by two spots but no disappointment. 

Congrats!  I prefer the 20 to the 23 myself.

7 hours ago, DCFan said:

23, 15, 12, 10 yo.

These prices just show me how expensive bourbon here is in PA.  

7 hours ago, DCFan said:

23, 15, 12, 10 yo.

No 20?

15 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

These prices just show me how expensive bourbon here is in PA.  

That's what MSRP looks like. (or there abouts)  But if you never see it for sale what difference does it make what the price is?

7 hours ago, DCFan said:

23, 15, 12, 10 yo.

Why are bottles sold for $500 individually but sold for $1000 as a group??

Edited by Clueby

9 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

No 20?

I don't know how this stuff is distributed or the whys and wherefors.  It's one of those times when you'd love to be a fly on the wall when the BT distributor is having a sit down with the ABC board.

Just now, Clueby said:

Why are bottles sold for $500 individually but sold for $1000 as a group??

Good question.  I think it was you who pointed this anomaly out for last year's lottery with them doubing the price for the "collection".

3 hours ago, DCFan said:

Good question.  I think it was you who pointed this anomaly out for last year's lottery with them doubing the price for the "collection".

Possibly. I guess it's the premium you "get" to pay for the privilege of buying all of them.

12 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Congrats!  I prefer the 20 to the 23 myself.

Same here. I’d put the 23 behind the 20 and 15 easily. 

6 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

No 20?

I believe that Virginia gets the 20, but they still have old order lists that are being filled before the product gets distributed to lottery (same thing for ER17 and Saz18 with the other BTACs already to lottery). 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, JoeTerp said:

I believe that Virginia gets the 20, but they still have old order lists that are being filled before the product gets distributed to lottery (same thing for ER17 and Saz18 with the other BTACs already to lottery). 

That is correct, PVW 20, ER17, and Saz 18 are still on waiting lists. My brother got a 2018 ER17 from VA ABC (ordered years ago). I think RHF and HPR might also be on wait lists, but less sure on that. I wonder if VWFRR ever comes to VA?

21 hours ago, DCFan said:

That's what MSRP looks like. (or there abouts)  But if you never see it for sale what difference does it make what the price is?

I do see it for MSRP in the lottery and it's still more expensive.

On 12/8/2018 at 1:19 PM, PhantomLamb said:

I do see it for MSRP in the lottery and it's still more expensive.

I was pretty sure that PA started to price at or near secondary for some of their limited releases (on top of prosecuting individuals for selling).

7 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

I was pretty sure that PA started to price at or near secondary for some of their limited releases (on top of prosecuting individuals for selling).

Thoughtful of them, ain’t it...  

2018 Round 1.  ☺️  

17176.jpeg

Not MSRP but really, really, really close (heh, heh). 

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

2018 Round 1.  ☺️  

17176.jpeg

That OWA Centennial is playing peek-a-boo back there!

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

2018 Round 1.  ☺️  

17176.jpeg

If those are lottery winnings and not "relationship" bottles, this boggles my mind.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.