Lottery

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

That OWA Centennial is playing peek-a-boo back there!

Sadly, the original contents are long gone as I finished that last dram last week. It's now filled with Joe's 2018 Weller Blend and tasting quite superb I must say.   ☺️

• I like it 1

26 minutes ago, Clueby said:

If those are lottery winnings and not "relationship" bottles, this boggles my mind.

Ok, you got me - the Pappiez were from the Loch & K(e)y Society "Hold Card" auction.  ?

Edited by GeeTen

38 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Ok, you got me - the Pappiez were from the Loch & K(e)y Society "Hold Card" auction.  ?

Ha..busted!  But even the others...wow. Only lottery I have available to me, I stood outside for 2 hours in 19 degrees with 500 of my closest friends for nada.

Might be one more chance this weekend. 

Edited by Clueby

OK, how about 2018 Lottery Pt. 2 (kinda'):

20181212_092400.jpg

The PVW20 and CEHT 4G were lottery wins.  The OWA Centennial bottle was hiding in the last pic and deserved a nice presentation of its own (filled, now partially, with Joe's 2018 Weller Blend).  And the W12 and ETL were retail finds that we don't see much around these parts lately.

OK, now I've reached my bourbon zen moment for this year - unless, of course, I get lucky and find a bottle of 2018 WLW to join its brothers from 2016 and 2017 in the bunker.   ☺️ 

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

Better pic with CEHT 4G bottle out of the can:

20181212_094351.jpg

Still trying to figure out how to delete and insert new pics in a post, sorry . . . . . .

Edited by GeeTen

Was informed by NH State Liquor that I did not get selected in their BTAC lottery this year. ☹️ My local store did have a Weller 12 for me though so I was pleased with that.

Another local store has a Pappy / GTS lottery going on. Hoping for another bottle of GTS this year. Saving last years bottle until I do.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

If those are lottery winnings and not "relationship" bottles, this boggles my mind.

Agreed.  GeeTen is a fiend!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, PhantomLamb said:

Agreed.  GeeTen is a fiend!

Is that good or bad?????  ☺️

11 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Sadly, the original contents are long gone as I finished that last dram last week. It's now filled with Joe's 2018 Weller Blend and tasting quite superb I must say.   ☺️

Thanks brother. I feel truly honored.  :)

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, georgemoe said:

Was informed by NH State Liquor that I did not get selected in their BTAC lottery this year. ☹️ My local store did have a Weller 12 for me though so I was pleased with that.

Another local store has a Pappy / GTS lottery going on. Hoping for another bottle of GTS this year. Saving last years bottle until I do.

I was told the same thing this year. Can't complain, as I got 2 bottles last year. I have had a very good "Fall Season" this year so I am more than happy. Still plenty of other great bourbon out there for us to drink.

• I like it 2

Dont want to hijack the thread however if you win more than one bottle during NH drawing do they let you buy both? Or is it you choose 1 bottle from the 2?

11 hours ago, TheDub said:

Dont want to hijack the thread however if you win more than one bottle during NH drawing do they let you buy both? Or is it you choose 1 bottle from the 2?

I was allowed to purchase both last year.

• I like it 1

Got a Weller 12 from a small local liquor store auction last night; very happy with the win (considering the odds), took a Booker's 17-4 with me as well and squeezed out of the parking lot first before anybody else was leaving...2018 was a great year, but the wallet is off limits for the foreseeable future since the vault is FULL.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, JvW said:

but the wallet is off limits for the foreseeable future since the vault is FULL.

If you're like many of us, the vault is NEVER full. It'll get expanded, another "vault" will be added, your children will lose closet space, etc..........

• I like it 5

If you're like many of us, the vault is NEVER full. It'll get expanded, another "vault" will be added, your children will lose closet space, etc..........

Good thing our children have already moved away from home. [emoji6][emoji3]

11 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Good thing our children have already moved away from home. emoji6.pngemoji3.png

...And, there it is!    :lol:    Always a way to git 'er done, if you have the will to do so. 

Hell, kick the little brats out on the street to fend for themselves whenever you hit the 'space-crunch'.    If an eleven-year-old isn't ready by then, she likely never will be, right?

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, Vosgar said:

That's too funny and might be true...

On 12/14/2018 at 3:44 PM, Vosgar said:

Pretty much this right here.

Got notified about a Lottery win (actually two) last night - Michter's 10 and EC18.  Went to pick them up today (ouch)!  Been very blessed this year and asking for forgiveness from SWMBO is not needed - paying for her bathroom renovation (heh, heh).  And the beat goes on . . . . .

20181217_120451.jpg

• I like it 5

Though a little of me is jealous of you all as I struck out entirely this year (and 4 of the last 5), most of me is very happy for all of you getting the exciting stuff not on the secondary! Enjoy it.

Edited by jshleffar
spell
  • I like it 2

Thought I had struck out entirely, but got a call today. All Van Winkles and BTAC bourbon was already picked, but they did have this left and I chose it over Michter’s Toasted Barrel and ECBP.

IMG_0369.jpg

• I like it 5

13 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Got notified about a Lottery win (actually two) last night - Michter's 10 and EC18.  Went to pick them up today (ouch)!  Been very blessed this year and asking for forgiveness from SWMBO is not needed - paying for her bathroom renovation (heh, heh).  And the beat goes on . . . . .

20181217_120451.jpg

Given your success rate, I think you're entering the wrong lotteries.

Curious as to your thoughts on the 8 Years in the Desert as I picked up a few but have yet to try.

3 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Given your success rate, I think you're entering the wrong lotteries.

Curious as to your thoughts on the 8 Years in the Desert as I picked up a few but have yet to try.

I've always said I'd rather be lucky than good!   ☺️

I really, really like the "8 Years in the Desert" more than the "new" Prisoner.  I first tried it at the Capital Grille when "they were featuring it after the "Wagyu and Wine" promotion ended.  IIRC, the winemaker David Phinney sold The Prisoner brand and agreed to an 8-year "Non-compete" agreement (thus the "8 Years in the Desert" as the sale was 8 years ago, get it?).  Now the Orin Swift Winery has David Swift Phinney as their winemaker.  I really like the dark fruit and oak of this blend of zinfandel, petite syrah, and syrah - especially with a "Pittsburgh rare" dry-aged sirloin strip steak.  But my doctor says I shouldn't do this too often - getting old(er) by the day.

Now back on topic - missed a HH 27, EC 23 and a 2018 WLW (among others) in the same lottery.  Oh poop - I want to win them all!  Just kidding.

Edited by GeeTen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.