Sign in to follow this  
CUfan99

WTR 101 vs RR 6 yr Rye

CUfan99

In my market I can get a liter of WTR 101 and a 750 of RR 6yr Rye for the same price. I like them both equally depending on my mood so I keep both on hand. Which version do you prefer and why? If you could get either bottle for the same price but could only get one which would it be?

Paddy

I need both!

kevinbrink

I don't believe I've bought bottle of the 6 year in the current packaging, I tend to just by 101 and RR SiB Rye

CUfan99
On 9/1/2018 at 10:47 PM, kevinbrink said:

I don't believe I've bought bottle of the 6 year in the current packaging, I tend to just by 101 and RR SiB Rye

I haven’t opened a new label 6 yr yet. I still have half on old label. The rye SiBs are rare and when I have seen one it’s been $70. If I remember right the label doesn’t tell you much more than the proof and that it’s a rye. I like a little more info before dropping that much money. 

kevinbrink
21 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

I haven’t opened a new label 6 yr yet. I still have half on old label. The rye SiBs are rare and when I have seen one it’s been $70. If I remember right the label doesn’t tell you much more than the proof and that it’s a rye. I like a little more info before dropping that much money. 

Ouch it runs between $50 and $60 here and the 6 year tends to be between $35 and $45ish. 

flahute

Late to this discussion but like Paddy, I need both for different moods. The 101 represents more of a punch in the face (and not because of the proof) where as the 6yr is more refined.

• I like it 1