Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit gets a new bottle

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

From Benny Horowitz IG feed. 

It has been known for awhile the iconic bottle is going away. Looks likethe new Rare Breed bottle will be pulling double duty.  

Count me in the ‘old bottle’ camp. 

This smacks of ‘bean counters’ to me and if the savings build another new warehouse or three....

8B208B40-7D08-4ED9-878E-D752F57C8A32.png

I liked the old KS bottle. And still like the Blanton's bottle but, at the end of the day (so to speak) it is the taste of what is inside that counts. What do you do with a beautiful bottle when it is empty? There are only so many tiki lamps I can stick up around the deck.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Flyfish said:

I liked the old KS bottle. And still like the Blanton's bottle but, at the end of the day (so to speak) it is the taste of what is inside that counts. What do you do with a beautiful bottle when it is empty? There are only so many tiki lamps I can stick up around the deck.

Agreed, still a cool piece to have.  I'm glad I grabbed the old bottle while it was still in production.  However, I am also a fan of the Rare Breed bottle.

Georgia Bourbon Society was in Lawrenceburg during KBF a couple weeks ago to select a barrel at WT.  I’ll admit that while we were doing our pre-pick info gathering and due diligence, there was some sentiment within the group to go with KS just due to the bottle if it were still available...  :D  

That bottle was one gorgeous and iconic piece of artwork.  

I've got my Infinity Gobble Solera bottle started in an old KS bottle.  Reckon it will last a decade or more as I refill it with handle after handle of 101.  

Have a few more bird bottles stashed away for posterity. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.