FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was told that they dont have any info on a label submission or application just last week. I think they forgot to look everywhere.
https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=18033001000013

I wonder what the pricing will end up being on that. I’m going to guess somewhere around $50...maybe $60.

Probably all over the place J. I bet MSRP  will be close to your numbers though. 

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

I wonder what the pricing will end up being on that. I’m going to guess somewhere around $50...maybe $60.

Hhhmmm.  Its proof is close to HH's EC's proof, and its stated age is the same as EC's when EC had a stated age.  Offhand, I can't think of an existing Saz/BT product that competes head-to-head with EC.  Maybe ER (about 10 years old) but certainly not the age stated Lot B.B)  Heck, other than Lot B and ER, I can't think of a Saz/BT release (until we get to 17 and 18YO LEs) around 12.

EDIT-filling a competitive niche, maybe?

Edited by Harry in WashDC
to make my point about why I posted since it wsn't clear to me, either why I posted
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Heck, other than Lot B and ER, I can't think of a Saz/BT release (until we get to 17 and 18YO LEs) around 12.

Weller 12

• I like it 2

1792 FP and 225th are the best releases im the 1792 line up.  This could be a 3rd to add ?, however I see this at $70+ due to madness of bourbon ☹

I am a fan of the Full Proof.  And I could see them trying to fetch a little more for a 12 year offering. 

I'm sure I'll buy this if I see it because I lack self control but the first thing I thought when I saw the label was this one will probably not be in my wheelhouse. I don't dislike Barton bourbons but something about their profile doesn't feel like it will be better with more age. 

12 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I don't dislike Barton bourbons but something about their profile doesn't feel like it will be better with more age. 

Funny you mentioned this, because the 225th was about 10 years old, and it’s one of my least favorite expressions. 

I’ll probably look for one anyway though, to keep the collection complete. 

:)

10 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I'm interested but my guess is north of the $70 range.

BiB has been my favorite to date, closely followed by HR and 225th, and SW for a noticeable changeup.  Unfortunately I've been seeing an uptick in FP pricing from 40ish to over 50ish, so I fear your $70 range for 12yr may not be far off.   That'll drive my interest down significantly, 'cause while I've enjoyed most 1792 varieties to one degree or another (incl the original 8yr RR), it sure ain't $70, or $60, or even IMHO $50+ bourbon.  It's a solid mid-shelfer in several varieties $30-45 (not counting the somewhat cheaper & disappointing SmB that's usually available everywhere).

Edited by PowderKeg

Both the Full Proof and Single Barrel go for around $40 (at least in these parts), so $60 or so seems like a reasonable guess to me. Much more than that and I won't be seeking this out.

I often find 1792 (and VOB BIB) to be a bit on the sweet side so a few more years might do it some good from my perspective.

23 hours ago, DEH1212 said:

1792 FP and 225th are the best releases im the 1792 line up.  This could be a 3rd to add ?, however I see this at $70+ due to madness of bourbon ☹

$70 for 12 year old KSBW is fair IMO. 

Hint hint Campari. 

My local has a couple of bottles of FP and 1 SiB. I’ve never tried any 1792 products. What’s the opinion on these? The SiB is a little pricey at $60 or $65; I can’t remember which. I didn’t see a price on the FP but this store is usually close to retail. 

1792 FP is definitely worth a buy.  It's a great, nearly barrel proof bourbon with a unique flavor profile.  I heard a review describe the nose as chocolate chip cinnamon banana bread. 

Full Proof is definitely a thumbs up bourbon.  Especially the store picks I’ve ran across. 

• I like it 1

21 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

I’m guessing $65 msrp for this one.

In the current climate of rape the customer.. probably $110

12 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

I brought the FP to the register and it rang up 74 bucks. No huh uh. I let them keep it. 

:blink: Wow. I spent $50 on one last year and thought it was too much. It was a hot mess.

14 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

$74 for FP???  Where do you live?

SC and I don’t mean SoCal. 

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

In the current climate of rape the customer.. probably $110

While I haven’t seen anything out of that distillery garner anything too outlandish to date, I wouldn’t be surprised if liquor stores see 12 years and decide it must be “special”, and even worse if distributors decide to control the release and only give a case to select stores. Who knows?

53 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

SC and I don’t mean SoCal. 

Your store must be really proud of it.  I live in the third highest tax state for alcohol & it’s not even close to what their asking. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.