Info on Cock of the Walk 15yr?

EHM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm trying to hunt down some history on the old "Cock of the Walk" 15yr japan export bourbon (red wax top) like when/where was it sourced, bottled, etc. I originally heard it was connected with HH but they said it wasn't theirs so my hunt continues. Any history on this older brand or bottle would be greatly appreciated. 

Not much info on this available out there.  Nas to 15 year, 86 to101 proof Japanese export, is all I could find.

Joe

• I like it 1

Thanks Joe! I appreciate the other leads. I'll expand my search to see if I can find some info on those other bottles too. That might lead me to the source!

Managed to find a bit more info from Gemor and a contact in Japan. Posting here in case anyone else is interested:

What I learned (not sure this is fact, but seems to have consistency between sources):

This is from Bardstown's Willett Distillery (formerly KBD). In the early 1990s, they released various aging years 12, 15, and 17 in Japan. It was a premium brand and highly regarded.  They then released a 20 and 25 year in 1999.  The label disappeared in the early 2000's.

It's a blended bourbon from multiple distilleries. Blended, aged, and bottled at KBD. Likely a blend of aged pre-fire Heaven hill and another distillery. 

On par with the profile of the early aged premium KBD/Willett's.

In 1999, 20 years, 25 years of long-term maturity appeared, then the old label was abolished in the early 2000s, the new label Rooproof, non-vintage thing now? (It may be a waste version) is a cock of the walk. 

Cock of the walk is all bottled as blended bourbon whiskey. 

Although it is obvious if you compare the labels, Cook of the Walk is a tribute bourbon whiskey of the famous sake "Chicken Cock Whiskey" of the American Abstracion Law era. 

Cock of the Walk has been released from Birdstown's current Willet Distillery (formerly KBD). 

In the early 1990s, Japan also had various aging years, 12 years, 15 years, 17 years, Dock (American blended whiskey) cock of the walk circulated in Japan. 

In 1999, 20 years, 25 years of long-term maturity appeared, then the old label was abolished in the early 2000s, the new label Rooproof, non-vintage thing now? (It may be a waste version) is a cock of the walk. 

Cock of the walk is all bottled as blended bourbon whiskey. 

Although it is obvious if you compare the labels, Cook of the Walk is a tribute bourbon whiskey of the famous sake "Chicken Cock Whiskey" of the American Abstracion Law era. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.