This might be bourbon's jumping the shark moment......

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

I just did the tour tour a couple weekends ago.  It’s absolutely beautiful.  I hope the bourbon that starts coming out of C&K is just as good.  

Also, if you’ve never driven further down McCracken, head down & see the Old Crow Distillery.  It’s fenced in but you can park & check it out from the road.  I wish someone would try & restore that behemoth!  It’s a sight to behold, & kind of sad that it’s just sat there all these years dilapidating with it’s great history.  

Yeah, the white dog is pretty tasty, I'm looking forward to the release in a few more years.   I just hope they don't follow the price points that Peerless and KO have released at - that'll put a big damper on any for me.  What they've done with the property so far is amazing!

As others said Glenns Creek occupies the old bottling building at Old Crow IIRC.  They've got some ambitious thoughts for the property, but unless they can score big with some deep pocket partnerships ( which I don't recall being in any plans), Old Crow will likely continue to fade into the greenery surrounding it...

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

Watched the embedded video below:

https://www.distillerytrail.com/blog/kentucky-owl-bourbon-and-stoli-unveil-21st-century-design-and-3d-rendering-of-its-new-pyramid-shaped-distillery/

While the forester/woodworker/timber beast in me would really enjoy viewing the incredible woodwork and architecture this Japanese design will present - stunning doesn't begin to cover the possibilities - the Bourbon Geek in me absolutely doesn't want my bourbon distillery "experience" to be re-visioned and re-packaged in some artsy-fartsy globalist's re-interpretation of what a distictly and uniquely American product should look like in their eyes.  Give me old school stone, brick, mortar, heavy squared  timbers, tin cladding - restoration or re-creation, not re-interpretation.  I love Barton, BT, WR, and 4R for old school American industrial distilleries, and Willett, AE, OF, even L-R for new/recent construction.  Really looking forward to C&K tomorrow - did the Resto Tour twice and want to see the final results of their years of hard work restoring an iconic distillery experience, with gardens, a train station, et al - as EHT originally envisioned and built it. 

Never say never to going one day to the future KO, but it won't be high on the list, at least not for a bourbon "experience".

Most of the project looks very good. I really like the rounded/domed rackhouses. But, those pyramids look completely out of place. They really need to ditch them and come up with something that pays homage to historic, local architecture.

23 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

I just did the tour tour a couple weekends ago.  It’s absolutely beautiful.  I hope the bourbon that starts coming out of C&K is just as good.  

Also, if you’ve never driven further down McCracken, head down & see the Old Crow Distillery.  It’s fenced in but you can park & check it out from the road.  I wish someone would try & restore that behemoth!  It’s a sight to behold, & kind of sad that it’s just sat there all these years dilapidating with it’s great history.  

cant miss it from the road, Old Crow is right across from the pontoon boat

20180921_133919.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.