Jump to content
dwolf

Barrell Bourbon Craft Spirits 15 yr cask

Recommended Posts

briankeith513

Anyone try this yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2

Had a friend share a sample of this a coupe of days ago. A blend of TN (presumably Dickel,) MGP and an unidentified KY distiller. I thought it was good but would not purchase it myself after trying it for $250 or what ever it went for even if it were still available. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jvd99

Interesting result from Minnick, but I put little trust in his reviews as he never rates anything too critically, although this one was blind so I'll give him that.  Yet, it's only 1 man's opinion

 

Had not heard of this BB15 before, and of course, not seen it in the wild.  At $250, I'm a pass.  Maybe $100 and I'd take a flyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grantsi

In a moment of weakness today I paid $239 for this bottle at a local store while waiting for a client ... it will be open this weekend. I might forget to disclose this purchase to the wife as I’m disgusted with myself ( I’ll be a little less annoyed if this is delicious)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fosmith
8 hours ago, grantsi said:

In a moment of weakness today I paid $239 for this bottle at a local store while waiting for a client ... it will be open this weekend. I might forget to disclose this purchase to the wife as I’m disgusted with myself ( I’ll be a little less annoyed if this is delicious)

Don't feel bad.  She probably doesn't tell you about every purse or pair of shoes she splurges on... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PiraSea

I normally wouldn't go for this one, but a club I'm a member of did a barrel pick of a 14 year old TN bourbon that Barrell bottled. The 14 year old was only $89 though the club and I wish I had bought a case it was so good. That was a good excuse to buy this 15 year from Barrell, and I got it for $239. The TN portion was most likely similar to the juice I liked in the 14 year old pick. This 15 year from Barrell was strikingly similar to the 2018 GTS I have. It is a lot of vanilla and maple to it. If you were to describe something like Basil Hayden as "thin", this stuff is the opposite, its heavy. If you are a GTS fan and can't find it at retail and don't want to go $400+ for it... this stuff is reaaaally close for $239. I wouldn't be shocked to see it run up to close to GTS price on secondary market. 

 

Its a special occasion bourbon no doubt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gameover170
On 1/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, PiraSea said:

I normally wouldn't go for this one, but a club I'm a member of did a barrel pick of a 14 year old TN bourbon that Barrell bottled. The 14 year old was only $89 though the club and I wish I had bought a case it was so good. That was a good excuse to buy this 15 year from Barrell, and I got it for $239. The TN portion was most likely similar to the juice I liked in the 14 year old pick. This 15 year from Barrell was strikingly similar to the 2018 GTS I have. It is a lot of vanilla and maple to it. If you were to describe something like Basil Hayden as "thin", this stuff is the opposite, its heavy. If you are a GTS fan and can't find it at retail and don't want to go $400+ for it... this stuff is reaaaally close for $239. I wouldn't be shocked to see it run up to close to GTS price on secondary market. 

 

Its a special occasion bourbon no doubt. 

I traded this Barrell 15 year for a GTS 18. I haven't had any experience with Barrell stuff, but I've had my heart set on GTS forever. To be able to get it without paying secondary was a must-do for me. I hope I don't regret it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fosmith
2 hours ago, Gameover170 said:

I traded this Barrell 15 year for a GTS 18. I haven't had any experience with Barrell stuff, but I've had my heart set on GTS forever. To be able to get it without paying secondary was a must-do for me. I hope I don't regret it!

You won't regret it, believe me!

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gunslinger686

 Any other reviews or thoughts About bcs 15yr or the 25yr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink

I think I left it on the shelf 4 times now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe

Whatsamatta Kevin?  Looking to join the CRS club? :lol:

 

Biba! Joe

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
7 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Whatsamatta Kevin?  Looking to join the CRS club? :lol:

 

Biba! Joe

Oh I remember, I remember that I don't really want to spend $225 on it. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×