FOUR ROSES REDSTONE 10TH ANNIVERSARY RARE OESO SINGLE BARREL

Dango
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Would like to hear thought on this, wondering if I should go grab one. That's if there are any left.

We are honored to be able to offer our customers this rare recipe to commemorate our 10th Anniversary. The Four roses OESO recipe does not hit shelves too often as its used as part of the blend that makes up their small batch. This particular barrel has been aged form 12 years and 9 months before being bottled on Nov 7th of this year it also has a modest proof of 96.8. Only an handful of OESO barrels at this age are available in the entire country!

100% of the profit of this particular barrel will be given to Shriners Children’s hospital in Boston. Bottles will sell form $75/750ml and will be limited to 1 bottle per customer. Bottles will be released on Thursday December 13th at 5pm at our Stoneham Location (no sooner)

Tasting notes: Nose is bursting with notes of sweet caramel & vanilla, mouthfeel is full, bready spice with ripe berries on the front leaving you with a candied sweet cherry & dark caramel finish.

you should already be in the car driving to that store (after you've called to see if they still have any)

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

you should already be in the car driving to that store (after you've called to see if they still have any)

Really?? Thanks. 

35 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Just my humble opinion. The age and lower proof are intriguing to me

Yeah, same here 

I'd be curious to see the barrel number.  With that low proof, I'd bet it's from tier 1 of the rickhouse.  I'm trying to see if tier 1 barrels are typically close to 100 proof.  Reason is, I heard that for regular single barrel, barrels from the bottom tier require very little water to get to 100 proof so you're getting a nearly barrel proof dram for about half the cost of the barrel strength release.  I've seen tier 6 barrels of that at over 120 proof so a regular single barrel from the top tier would have had much more water added.  Not sure how much difference it would really make in the final flavor profile, but I'm thinking it could be significant. 

Thoughts anyone? 

Even if you don’t care for it, the fact that 100% of the profits are going to a worthy charity at this giving time of year, would make this a worthy endeavor.  And, like these guys said above, the specs on this whiskey sure do look interesting!

2 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Even if you don’t care for it, the fact that 100% of the profits are going to a worthy charity at this giving time of year, would make this a worthy endeavor.  And, like these guys said above, the specs on this whiskey sure do look interesting!

Figured maybe I'd say something more worthwhile than I did, and I very much echo Joe here. At worst, youre getting solid and unique whiskey (considering recipe, company age it's likely at least a very good whiskey), while supporting a very worthwhile charity. I wish I could order online and try this/support them.

Well, I figured it was worth going for made the 30 min trip and there were none left. I called prior and they said they had a couple left, they wouldn't hold one for me. I missed out.

Sorry to hear that, would've been interesting to get your take on it. 

Consolation...... The Shriners Children's hospital is getting a nice little chunk of $$. It sounds like a store that's worthy of your business

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.