Official what are you planning to enjoy of Christmas Eve and Day thread........

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

my daughter gifted me a sazerac rye.

first time trying it and its hitting all the right notes at the moment ?

• I like it 1

Well the annual "Food Orgy" at my house went over great. Started with appetizers (shrimp cocktail, Frito Scoops, gourmet cheeses, some of my sons venison summer sausage).  Bourbon Glazed Ham, Smoked Turkey Breast 2 types, Smoked Salmon 2 types, Roasted Potatos, Roasted Carrots, Fresh Green Beans, Cranberry Sauce for the main course.  Dessert was homemade Snickers Bars, homemade Orange Truffles, chocolate truffle cookies and Nutella mousse with a 23 year old port.  Spent a good amount of time at the bar expanding the horizons of my nephew and his GF.  We tasted OF 1897, 1910, 1920, KY Owl 11 year rye, KC Cask Strength Rye EW SiB, EC 18, Stagg Jr. and others that I can't remember right now.  Did as earlier mentioned opened my bottle of GTS and it was worth the wait.  Also made a few Old Fashioned's and some Old Smashioned's (an Old Fashioned made with Copper & Kings Brandy), some KY Mules and Derby Pie (a drink I made up for tailgates earlier this year).  A great time was had by all.

• I like it 4

We got this reindeer wine stopper as a gift.  I happen to have  just the right use for it! (beat my wife to it! ;- ))

What to pour this afternoon?  This made my decision for me!

Merry Christmas to all.

IMG_1699.JPG

• I like it 6

On 12/22/2018 at 9:39 PM, Richnimrod said:

For me (and Gary) it'll be whatever he decides after a tour through my bunker. 

As always, whenever he's at my place he gets to pick; whenever I'm at his, I pick.    It allows us to enjoy each others' company as well as each other's pours with a little element of surprise along for the ride.

I'll encourage him to consider any/all of the recent acquisitions of limited release stuff, as well as special pours from back in the day; but, he often chooses private pix to which he doesn't have access, as he lives 1-hours away.

Whatever is chosen will be enjoyed all the more because it'll be shared.    I c'nardly wait!!!!

Day two, we went for a Thomas Handy from 3-or 4-years ago, followed by a Parker's Heritage from 2010.    All well-enjoyed so far.

(I tried to also include the second post in this thread.; but, couldn't figure out how to do that.... Not that anybody else really cares what Gary and i are tasting, I guess.)

• I like it 3

Not bourbon..but it is aged in bourbon barrels. It's a tradition..if 2 years in a row makes a tradition. Also have a flask of ECBP.

20181225_173046-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 3

Ok so far today my Christmas day pours have consisted of homemade egg nog made from JBB8yr, GTS, OF Birthday, and now this. 

IMG_1708.JPG

Edited by Kepler
forgot the "of"
  • I like it 5

Early on Christmas Eve. Gave my FIL the Nikka from the Barrel. Received a Clyde May Single Barrel Pick (unbeknownst to him, but still cool!) in return. Bro in law showed up a little later and gave him the WSR I brought and was pleasantly surprised with a bottle of 4RSiB. 

BiL wanted to try the roses so we cracked that one right away. Then the Nikka. Finally the Clyde. We both loved the Nikka, and he also loved the 4R. He left to a party with his wife’s family and texted an hour later to say the WSR was completely crushed by her family! They loved it and good times were had by all. 

Today we had some EW nog and Hot Toddy’s with KCSiB. Now home and revisiting the Clyde May. Light but very drinkable and sweet. Merry Christmas all!

• I like it 1

IMG_1982.jpg
It was a good day getting to open some of the scores from this falls hunting season. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Cheers.

• I like it 3

Got this one in the family gift exchange.  We already cracked it open.  Lots of vanilla and woody finish. Really wanted one of these before that bottle goes away.

20181225_195347-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 4

22 minutes ago, elmossle said:

IMG_1982.jpg
It was a good day getting to open some of the scores from this falls hunting season. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Cheers.

Wow, D.  That's nice pour in that glass!  Looks like you had a Merry Christmas!

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Ok so far today my Christmas day pours have consisted of homemade egg nog made from JBB8yr, GTS, OF Birthday, and now this. 

IMG_1708.JPG

You my friend, have had a very Merry Christmas of pours!! Your taste buds should be very happy with those selections and that is some list and a nice way to finish off the holiday. 

27 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Wow, D.  That's nice pour in that glass!  Looks like you had a Merry Christmas!

We had a great Christmas with just us and the kids! GTS this year is very good IMO and I am glad I waited to open it until today. The key will be to see if it lasts until 2019. That could be a challenge. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and everyone enjoyed time with family and friends!

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

IMG_1708.JPG

I think you win the prize for "Best Glass"!

• I like it 1

At my brother's house, I got to try my sis in law's bourbon barrel stout home brew.  Honestly, better than the stuff I've bought in stores.

I was gifted a six pack of Zombie Dust.

Went to my sister's place for a great meal.

After we got home, and everyone to bed, cracked open a VOB BIB.

Bless you all

Merry BTAC Christmas to me. I went WLW, GTS and THH in that order. WLW is probably my no. 1 favorite and I enjoyed it thoroughly. GTS always delivers. THH is a fantastic whiskey to me. I get both the rye spice and a sweet flavor of pink cotton candy. Just some syrupy sugary flavor. And to all, a good night!

• I like it 2

shared the w12 with my sis who...asked me if i mix it with anything..when i told her no she  turned it up and drank it all in one gulp.  

Good thing I love her

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

shared the w12 with my sis who...asked me if i mix it with anything..when i told her no she  turned it up and drank it all in one gulp.  

Good thing I love her

There's an old Chinese saying - something about picking your friends and picking your nose and picking your friend's nose.  I forget the rest . . . . . .  ☺️

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

There's an old Chinese saying - something about picking your friends and picking your nose and picking your friend's nose.  I forget the rest . . . . . .  ☺️

Ahhh yes! I think i heard her say that exact phrase right before she did it. I know she  thinks she enjoyed it... and i guess thats what matters.

Visiting my folks for the holiday, I enjoyed some of my dad's finest including some WLW, PHC 10yr Wheater, THH, and if I recall - a 14 yr SA 'Very' Old Scout (which was delicious).  Am glad my palate was in great shape for those few days, and all of those pours made all the more special by the company enjoyed with.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.