Wild Turkey 101 Date Codes

Carnagusfarnbuckler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Supercharger said:

Turkey Noob here. Stopped in to a dusty LS today I hadn’t been to to see what they had. ER at $40 and WSR begins the counter without a price told me enough. 

They did have a bottle of 101 (a lonely, solitary bottle) on the shelf with a FJ date code. I figured it was early enough to not have the GI/GH secret sauce but not so old as to be interesting. 

I've never had a bottle of 101 that was any less than good which is better than interesting :) 

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Supercharger said:

Turkey Noob here. Stopped in to a dusty LS today I hadn’t been to to see what they had. ER at $40 and WSR begins the counter without a price told me enough. 

They did have a bottle of 101 (a lonely, solitary bottle) on the shelf with a FJ date code. I figured it was early enough to not have the GI/GH secret sauce but not so old as to be interesting. 

Hey, it is Wild Turkey, I think you will enjoy it.  I would bet it will be as good as the earlier months.  I would be interested if you could do a side by side of it and something from before April if you have any.

Picked up a bottle of LL/GD WT101 and compared it SBS with LL/GJ. I cannot notice any difference whatsoever. Same nose, same mouth feel, same finish. Excellent bourbon. 

23 minutes ago, Tuck said:

Picked up a bottle of LL/GD WT101 and compared it SBS with LL/GJ. I cannot notice any difference whatsoever. Same nose, same mouth feel, same finish. Excellent bourbon. 

Interesting.

5 minutes ago, Carnagusfarnbuckler said:

Interesting.

I agree, I picked up an earlier handle of LL/DF with the old label on it and jug style handle last week. Personally, I could notice a significant difference. I had my wife pour them separately to give myself kind of a blind taste test and instantly could tell which was LL/GJ vs LL/DF. I was pleasantly surprised that LL/GD is identical (as far as I can smell and taste) to LL/GJ.

Edited by Tuck
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.