Unintended Aversion Therapy

Prof_Stack
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bombay Sapphire Gin, in vast quantities at a reception in Charleston, SC for a National organization over forty (40) years ago.  Then my buddy (a former mayor in the Capital of a Southern state) and I proceeded to the bar across the street when the "open bar" shut down.  They were still pouring drinks from those little tiny bottles (as I vaguely remember) and we continued on until the bartender shut us off.  We told him we were not driving and our hotel was "just across the street."  He says "you two are so drunk that when you crawl out of here on your hands and knees, you're going to trip over the curb and kill yourselves!"  Now I know why they have the room numbers so low in the halls of some hotels - for when you come back "knee-walkin' drunk" and need to find your room.   ?

The next morning, my buddy and I ate breakfast in the farthest corner of the buffet spread - away from all possible human contact.  Remember when you were young and went skiing and got really, really hammered Saturday night at the club?  The next morning the booze was oozing from your pores and you smelled of cheap 'likker".  And you lost the most beautiful girl of your dreams 'cause she got on the ski lift with you but jumped right off 'cause you smelled so bad?!?   ? 

Just started tasting gin again and only Monkey 47 gin from the Schwarzwald in Germany (it's so expensive that I'll never be tempted to drink vast quantities of gin again!)   ?

Monkey 47 Schwarzwald Dry Gin

Edited by GeeTen

This thread is incomplete without a mention of a certain pirate's spiced offering - or am I the only one?
captain-morgan_custom-24997c9c0452ac1a908e515014a67896765496a1-s800-c85.thumb.jpg.e212ab45dbc352a4bdd47f99cf7d6df9.jpg
That was too high bar, my adventures usually started with Admiral Nelson, which was a few bucks cheaper and came in a shatter proof plastic bottle.
  • I like it 1

I was in college and felt terrible with some kind of crud (congested, sore throat, the works) and someone suggested Rock and Rye with a little hot tea. Well, I bought a 375 of Rock and Rye, but for some reason decided that if a little in tea was good, then a lot without tea was better. And it WORKED! I felt so much better that when everyone decided they were going out, I felt well enough to join them at the club where I proceeded to down copious amounts of cheap house Margaritas. This was in SC during the days when free pouring or batching cocktails wasn't allowed, so every tiny Margarita I consumed contained an entire mini bottle of Jose Cuervo. Sickest I've ever been, and when I got over the 2 day hangover, I realized that the crud I had initially had turned into an upper respiratory infection that almost required hospitalization. I can drink a good 100% Agave tequila with no problem, but one sniff of Cuervo and my stomach clenches. I've also yet to consume another drop of Rock and Rye.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.