Bourbon Air Tours

Four Roses SBS

Bourbon Air Tours

I bought a couple of mini-mules and a couple of shot glasses today.  Oh - a couple of bottles of Small Batch Select as well. $60 each at the aging and bottling plant's visitor center.

SBS1.jpg

• I like it 4

briankeith513
I bought a couple of mini-mules and a couple of shot glasses today.  Oh - a couple of bottles of Small Batch Select as well. $60 each at the aging and bottling plant's visitor center.
SBS1.thumb.jpg.07b91f8e2058082241366f2e40e2a3b9.jpg

What are your thoughts on the SBS?

Bourbon Air Tours

We will pour a wee dram this evening and let you know. We arrived late and sampling was closed, so we didn't get any while we were there. Out in the parking lot, we spoke with a few folks that had a sample and the said it had a very smooth and mellow mouthfeel. They said that it didn't taste like any of the others that they sampled. The added that they were told it had an extra year in the barrel. Stay tuned. If it is any good, I may bring one of the two I bought to the sampler as it is just down the rod from my farm.

• I like it 4

Bourbon Air Tours

Mission accomplished. SWMBO and I took a sip and were pleased with the outcome. Now, at the moment I am slowly recovering from a respiratory infection, so my taste buds are slightly out of kilter so it will take several more trials before the complete and accurate verdict is in. I do agree with the 'parking lot people' in that it does not taste like any other 4R product. It is very gentle on the pallet with a slight taste of cinnamon that edges away after a few moments. The nose was pleasant tonight, but I could probably say the same sniffing paint remover. There is little to no woodiness from the extra year in the barrel. My schnozzola is injured and in need of repair, so I will crank out a second opinion as soon as I can actually use my sniffer.  Although I lean toward wheated bourbon, it is a worthy addition to my bunker.

I think I will try some old fashioned home remedy to speed up the healing. My nephew dropped off a Mason jar from another of his uncles this afternoon. <emoji>Super Big Grin with BIG eyes</emoji>

• I like it 3