Survey: Jack Daniel’s is the most recommended shot by bartenders

G26GEN5
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Jeez, was it limited to dive bars??? I am guessing that says more about the bartenders than it does about whiskey!

Edited by tanstaafl2
  • I like it 4

The Drinking Parrot is onto something.  FWIW, I did a bit of research on this if only because I was a JD/rocks drinker until they started messing with the proof.  The underlying report/survey linked above polled (i.e., polled = simply asked) its survey targets (who were volunteer target/member of its org., most of which are bartenders) on what various liquors they recommended when a customer asked for a recommendation.  JD came in first among brown whiskeys.  If one thinks about this, one should not be surprised.  While JB White may be a rail bourbon, JB 8 Star whiskey usually sits there.  JD, OTOH, is rarely if ever the rail "bourbon".  Neither is it used in cocktails like, say, JB White.  PLUS, it has those neat commercials featuring Lynchburg TN Pop. 413 or some such; other than the recent JB White ads featuring some women, I don't recall anything other than the occasional print advert for JB over the last 40 years.  RE: JB promotional activities, I myself have Lem Motlow stuff from being a Tennessee Squire.   JB?  Gotta buy JB logo stuff myself so how often I gonna brag about THAT??   Whatever, JD carries an upscale reputation.  Hence, bars can charge more.  WHO in the business of selling booze is going to recommend the Cheap Stuff when somebody asks for a recommendation BUT knows the Somebody likely will pass on a $35 shot of PVW.  IOW, JD is an easy sell.  With a nice markup.

I could be wrong, now.  But, I don't think so.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.