Redemption 10 pricing?

BottledInBond
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’ve never bought any of the Redemption age stated stuff, as I really didn’t see much in my area until recently. What is anyone else seeing for pricing on the 10 year rye these days? The only place I see it on the shelf recently has it for $95. That’s more than I’ve paid for WP10 MGP store picks recently so I’m not thrilled with that price but was curious how that price compares with what others see?

I see them at $89 around here. I would pay $95 for one. Its the best age stated Rye available that I know of.

Maybe KO 11y 1st batch is better, but...….

Edited by LCWoody

$109 in Nashville. Maybe $99 at one shop. A little prohibitive. I thin they would sell out in one day if they went to prices like WP.

$90-100 is the normal range on these. 

I like both the Redemption 10 and the WP10.  

They are different experiences for me though, so I don’t really price compare them. 

On 4/25/2019 at 10:46 AM, 0895 said:

$90-100 is the normal range on these. 

I like both the Redemption 10 and the WP10.  

They are different experiences for me though, so I don’t really price compare them. 

That's an interesting take, care to expand on the differences?

On 4/26/2019 at 3:01 PM, EarthQuake said:

That's an interesting take, care to expand on the differences?

I find the Redemption to have a more baking spices profile.  It doesn’t taste like many of the younger mgp ryes.  There’s basically none of the dill taste so commonly associated with younger mgp. 

I also find it to be fairly complex, thick and chewy.  It’s what I would describe as a winter rye. Keeps you warm. :)

The WP 10’s, I often struggle with determining the difference between mpg and Alberta sourced barrels.  Both are very good. 

WP10,  has always had a lighter, easier to drink profile to me.   It goes down dangerously quick and easy at cask strength.  

The profile is more pepper forward and slightly less complex. 

Its more what I would describe as a good summer rye.

I enjoy them both. 

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

On 4/28/2019 at 11:26 PM, 0895 said:

I find the Redemption to have a more baking spices profile.  It doesn’t taste like many of the younger mgp ryes.  There’s basically none of the dill taste so commonly associated with younger mgp. 

I also find it to be fairly complex, thick and chewy.  It’s what I would describe as a winter rye. Keeps you warm. :)

The WP 10’s, I often struggle with determining the difference between mpg and Alberta sourced barrels.  Both are very good. 

WP10,  has always had a lighter, easier to drink profile to me.   It goes down dangerously quick and easy at cask strength.  

The profile is more pepper forward and slightly less complex. 

Its more what I would describe as a good summer rye.

I enjoy them both. 

Sunday May 12 we will be driving back home from Kentucky to Oklahoma through St Louis to Joplin to Tulsa and OKC.  Any good liquor stores that have good WP picks I should swing into?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.