Suggestions & availability re: Dublin Ireland Airport Duty Free

kenton71
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi folks- have a friend who's traveling tomorrow to Dublin Ireland and he's asked whether the duty free store in the airport has any bourbon not available stateside.  Has anyone been through there and could offer their thoughts?

Thank you,

CM

Edited by kenton71

• jbutler changed the title to Suggestions & availability re: Dublin Ireland Airport Duty Free

Came through there last Summer, and was entirely underwhelmed by the selection of Bourbon.    Of course it may be totally different now, or maybe not. 

There may have been a few other whiskies from Ireland, Scotland, Japan, or elsewhere, that might have been more interesting to others; but, I really only buy and drink Bourbon, so can't say.

Greetings -

I'm a (relatively inactive) charter member (well, among the 1st 60 members) of the Irish Whiskey Society of America.  The current site managers are pretty good at keeping us posted on what's up in Ireland - at least on the Irish whiskey side.  I suggest you contact them and ask them about (a) Irish whiskeys and (b) duty free bourbons in Dublin.  I've never been there, but I do consume my fair share.

https://www.irishwhiskeyusa.com/

Regards,

Harry in Wash DC

Thanks. I’m flying to Dublin this weekend, so I plan to score a few bottles of not-available-here Irish. Writer’s Tears keeps coming up from friends who visit Ireland regularly.

Honestly, Irish ranks last in my whisk(e)y priorities, but as long as I’m there...

23 hours ago, evasive said:

Thanks. I’m flying to Dublin this weekend, so I plan to score a few bottles of not-available-here Irish. Writer’s Tears keeps coming up from friends who visit Ireland regularly.

Honestly, Irish ranks last in my whisk(e)y priorities, but as long as I’m there...

The standard Writer's Tears is available stateside, some of the other iterations are not though.

The standard Writer's Tears is available stateside, some of the other iterations are not though.

They’ll be happy to hear that.
  • I like it 1

16 minutes ago, evasive said:

They’ll be happy to hear that.

If they search Winesearcher they will find plenty of options shipping to MT (just took a quick look)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.