smokinjoe

New Riff. It finally happened...

PaulO

Mako254 said,

"they do not consider themselves a 'craft distillery' so much as a small distillery"

I like that.

Jazzhead

I have yet to see New Riff on a store shelf anywhere.   But when and if I do,  I am looking forward to a purchase.    Seems like their policy of not releasing young whiskey before its time is paying off, both in good will and good reviews from folks who love bourbon.   

CUfan99

I haven’t seen any 5 year New Riff this fall. Does anybody know what their plan is for barrels they held back?

ABVT
On 11/13/2019 at 5:26 AM, CUfan99 said:

I haven’t seen any 5 year New Riff this fall. Does anybody know what their plan is for barrels they held back?

I asked about this when I was talking to JO at the Party Source. 

Not an insider by any means but he said they would be holding off until they could push out 6 y.o bourbon. 

Take it with a grain of salt.

• I like it 3

CUfan99
6 hours ago, ABVT said:

I asked about this when I was talking to JO at the Party Source. 

Not an insider by any means but he said they would be holding off until they could push out 6 y.o bourbon. 

Take it with a grain of salt.

That seems the most plausible. Thanks 

Phil T

I was gifted a store pick single barrel bourbon a few weeks ago. I was very pleasantly surprised by the depth of flavor of the 4-5yr old whiskey. With 30% rye in the mashbill, I expected it to be spicy, which it was. I also tasted hints of dark chocolate and butterscotch. A truly nice whiskey. I can't wait until it gets more mature. 

• I like it 4

Chefjohn

I got to try New Riff in a flight last night when we went to dinner. I in all honesty had not heard of it but had to try it for research purposes. I found it to be a very good and easy sipper.