30th Birthday Trip

km1589
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Heading down for a 30th birthday weekend for me and a group of close friends. Planning on going to BT at 9am for first tour. We are looking for a great lunch spot before our second tour at WT at 1pm. I am really the only big bourbon drinker in the group so lunch place really doesn't need to have a great selection just a place for great food and a cold beer. 

Hoping for a few recommendations.

Also, Any other ideas on quick stops around the area that day would be welcomed. 

We plan to spend the rest of the weekend in Louisville so any (restaurants, bars, liquor stores) worth a stop would be appreciated as well.

A few bottles I am hoping to grab are. 

Four Roses Select

And any store picks that catch my eye  

Just looking for some insight on some good stops.

Wallace Station , in Versailles,  is excellent. It's only 20 minutes from Buffalo Trace. You will love it, trust me on this.

There are a ton of great restaurants and bars in Louisville.  My favorite bar is the Garage.  It's an old service station,  converted into a bar. The atmosphere,  drinks and service, are fantastic. They also have a big bourbon selection,  including Pappy, and the prices are reasonable. They open at 5:00, and you should get there when they open,  as it's popular with the locals. 

If you like BBQ,  (and who doesn't), hit up Feast BBQ,  which is right around the corner from the Garage. Order the pork cakes, and thank me later.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Wallace Station , in Versailles,  is excellent. It's only 20 minutes from Buffalo Trace. You will love it, trust me on this.

There are a ton of great restaurants and bars in Louisville.  My favorite bar is the Garage.  It's an old service station,  converted into a bar. The atmosphere,  drinks and service, are fantastic. They also have a big bourbon selection,  including Pappy, and the prices are reasonable. They open at 5:00, and you should get there when they open,  as it's popular with the locals. 

If you like BBQ,  (and who doesn't), hit up Feast BBQ,  which is right around the corner from the Garage. Order the pork cakes, and thank me later.

I can confirm these recommendations.

Garage has a pizza with country ham and an egg on top. Get it. You can thank me later.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.