Elijah Craig 12 year Small Batch

FreddyC
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hopefully I'm in the right section for this post. If not, all apologies.

I have read over and over that EC 12 year isn't be produced with a 12 year age statement any longer. On Kentucky Derby Eve, I was told that a local Kroger had Elijah Craig 12 year old small batch for $26.  They were limiting to one per customer (there were about 30 bottles or so), so I bought a bottle, but have yet to open it.  Was it a fluke that they had this or is the 12 year released occasionally? I've tried to find some info on Google and run into the same thing.....they aren't putting a 12 year age statement on EC anymore. Yet, here was this. It has 12 year right on the front label with "series 2 EE-5" (whatever that means) on it. 

I guess my question is, do I need to be careful with this (as in, make it last) or is it something I should be able to find again fairly easily when I'm finished? 

IMG_5264.JPG

• I like it 1

It’s likely that the store picked a 12 year old Barrel for their selection and put it on the label. 

• I like it 1

^^^You've got a private selection (single) barrel that the store's selection team has picked.

• I like it 2

OK thanks!!! I'll try it out and if I love it, I'll be sure to milk it.  :) 

• I like it 1

44 minutes ago, FreddyC said:

OK thanks!!! I'll try it out and if I love it, I'll be sure to milk it.  :) 

No... if you like it, go back and buy a case! 

It may be a long time before you see another one of those, and by then it may cost you a lot more $$$...

Yes, we pride ourselves on being enablers here, and you are welcome. ;)

Edited by Paddy
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.