Sign in to follow this  
BottledInBond

New KCSB label

BottledInBond

Am I the only one that thinks this label is stupid? I am confused on why it would say both “single barrel” and “small batch” on the same bottle. Seems like it should be one or the other, even though I realize there isn’t any legal reason they can’t say small batch on a single barrel product, but again it just seems stupid, poor marketing

671B3B3D-97AB-4138-913C-4605C055BE28.jpeg

Harry in WashDC

The KC label above is not the first time that has happened -

1102718766_RussellsReserveSmallBatchSingleBarrel.thumb.JPG.26896ebe736200843fd987c8fa9e31b5.JPG

Jazzhead

I guess they're trying to convey that it's a single barrel version of their small batch product.    Beam was a pioneer,  I believe,  of the concept of "small batch",  creating a series of "small batch", premium priced products in contrast to their mass market, presumably "mass-batched" bourbons.    I presume the idea is to link the  single barrel version (which also sports a higher proof and an age statement) so it casts a halo on the original version. 

JCwhammie

I LOVE the label for the PS SiB bottles. I dont believe they say small batch. 

kcgumbohead
40 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

The KC label above is not the first time that has happened -

1102718766_RussellsReserveSmallBatchSingleBarrel.thumb.JPG.26896ebe736200843fd987c8fa9e31b5.JPG

WT issued a new label and corrected the discrepancy, Beam crafted a new label and....

Mako254
1 hour ago, kcgumbohead said:

WT issued a new label and corrected the discrepancy, Beam crafted a new label and....

Love that ‘Turkey label. Erase the ‘small batch’ and it would have been classic. 

• I like it 1

jwperry

Here I was hoping for an awesome meme about the Beam fire. 

Disappointed. 

fosmith
3 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

Nothing new about this though...

KCSB.jpg

BottledInBond
2 hours ago, fosmith said:

Nothing new about this though...

KCSB.jpg

Yeah I guess it’s been there, but if they’re going to go through a fancy redesign, you’d think they would get rid of something stupid like that. 

• I like it 2

Harry in WashDC
6 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

Yup. I should have written, "It's not the first time a Marketing Dept. made a funny."

Obeezy1Kaneezy

FWIW...new label is still a way better looking. 

• I like it 2

EarthQuake

I mean, technically a single barrel is the smallest of batches. I would assume any bottling run is a "batch". So while it seems redundant to say, I sort of get it. Sort of.

Anvil 20

I saw this recently and was a bit confused if it was the same stuff.  I guess I was used to the red lettering on the old label.